WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Re: 17 jewels Diamond stopwatch movement

This is an earlier version of the 17 jewels stopwatch movement made by Jinsheng Clock Factory since March 1959.It has white color jewels and later ones have ruby jewels. By 1961, about 20,000 stopwatches were made. Earlier watches also have a megnetic shield. The factory changed name to Shanghai Stopwatch Factory in 1968.

Diamond later made a higher grade stopwatch, but I don't have an example.

It has a very fast beat, but I have no idea how many bph it does.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: 8 days 15 jewels alarm clock movement

This is one of the better clock movements. This clock was quite popular and it was much less expensive than a hand wound 17 jewels wristwatch.(RMB 27 vs RMB 125 for a Shanghai 7120)

15 jewels,
8 days,
alarm,
18000 bph.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: Tianjin WUYI movements

Tianjin made the 1st Chinese wristwatch in 1955. The earliest movement was a 15 jewels pin-lever design that I have no image. Since about 1957, a 17 jewels, non-shock proof movement was made. It looks like a copy of an earlier Swiss movement found in Breitling or Sandos watches.
later the movement added a jewels and became shock proof. These were made in much smaller numbers than those for Shanghai A581 watches.

On the left is an earlier version of 17 jewels, in the middle a 1940's Breitling, and on the right a 18 jewels, shock proof version. Some details are not the same for the two versions.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Beijing BS-2 movement

soviet said:
Beijing BS-2 movements were made on imported Swiss Enicar production line according to Enicar specifications and drawings. Some 160,000 watches were made between 1961-1968. BS-2 has 17 jewels and 18 jewels versions. Beijing BS-2 watches are among the best quality vintage Chinese watches. A couple of hundred 18K BS-2s were made, but these are extremely hard to find.

This is an obsolete design of slow beat movement(18,000 bph).
There are even two variations of the 17 jewels version. The earliest has a screw balance. The regulator is also a little different.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: Nanjing 17 jewels movement

Nanjing also made a 17 jewels standard movement, but they also developed this 17 jewels in-house movement for Zhongshan brand watches. I don't know much about this one except that it is a 18000 bph movement.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Small Shanghai made lady watch movement.

This is the smallest lady watch movement that I have found so far. It is not made in large numbers perhaps for quality problems.These are found in Diamond brand lady watches.

Size 14x15.5mm.

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.