WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
A shot in the dark here. Would anyone know where I can find the following amphibia NOS. I saw reports of an ebayer on another thread who had them but there was no ebay id given. I have included a picture that was on the other thread too.

komcam.jpg

All the best.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see, I had actually wondered about it as I had not seen that bezel on the amphibia before although I'm no expert on the topic in any case. I'm actually looking for a no date amphibian, any pointers on nice ones guys. Thanks a million.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That bezel is correct in round case soviet amphibias.
I disagree with that as a general statement. In my experience, round-case Soviet Amphibias most typically have the red and black dotted bezel with a luminous dot at the 12 position. The bezel in the picture above more typically belongs on the octagonal Amphiba case. That being said, this bezel on a round Amphiba case isn't entirely unknown. There is at least one in the Levenberg book (so much as that can be trusted as a so-called 'authoritative' source).

I'm actually looking for a no date amphibian, any pointers on nice ones guys. Thanks a million.

jiraiya...there really is no shortage of these on eBay, particularly if you are open to slightly different dials, have a somewhat flexible idea of what "nice one" means, and are willing to search for awhile. I can't say I have any particular recommendations for a seller/source. You'll see the names of a handful of vintage Vostok sellers thrown around on these forums a lot, but I've seen dubious looking watches in nearly all of their listings from time to time. Every watch should be looked at with a critical eye.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts