WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I happened to come across this Enicar in Krakow and I bought for £25. I have tried to have a look online but I really can't find anything similar to it.
Do you happen to know what kind of watch is it? The diameter without crown is around 30mm.

Thanks for your help,

Giuseppe

photo_2018-10-18_21-00-22.jpg photo_2018-10-18_21-00-33.jpg photo_2018-10-18_21-00-44.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
Movement is an ETA900 and tbh the watch looks like a mix and match of parts. The dial is refinished (just look at the alignment of the 5 and 7 markers with the 15 and 45 seconds markers on the subdial), the caseback has no Enicar markings (I guess not even on the outside where most are singed), even the case itself and the crown appear to be generic. Coming from Poland I would not be surprised of my theory about random parts thrown together. Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong on all of the above

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looks like something from 1940's or 50's but as mentioned it's a poor redial. SWISS looks like it's been hand written and the hour and minute hands look too heavy and thick. Could be useful for parts.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Whoever sold you this watch, you've made his (her) day. 25 Złoty would have been too much. Take it from the positive side: experience adds up to knowledge, knowledge adds up to wisdom.

Don't be insulted, please! Also this kind of postings adds to our knowledge and are part of the community, sometimes even better than jointly confirming the undisputed originality of a luxury brand watch. And I bet you, it also tells you the time. One train not missed might already be worth more than £25.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would swipe the Enicar writing away with some alcohol and ear rod. The watch will be beautiful after the writing will be disappeared.

25zloty should be something around 7€? this wasn't too much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies ahah!
I guessed something was dodgy with it, but fair enough I guess I made someone happy at least!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts