WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kim,

Regarding to your photography page, it's actually less difficult then a normal picture, since all you need it the dark of night (or a dark room).

All you need is a steady stand, which I made of Lego this time, but a small cardboard box will do fine. Since you have a camera that's close to mine. I try to find the best combination between aperture and time in the manual mode. Longer than 2 seconds isn't needed most of the time, although the 5 seconds light of the G-9000 Mudman makes it very easy.

Use a torch or desk lamp (I have loads of Ikea desk lamps) to focus and start the timer. Turn off the light and try to light the EL as late as possible, but before the camera starts recording.

How steadier the underground, the better the results are.

Hi Asuoab,

Thanks, most of the aboved tips will probably work for you too. Those EL lights atracted me very much when buying my first G-Shock, so that's probably the reason I have so much fun in taking those kind of pictures,

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sjors, thanks for the tips ! I'll have a go at it tonight and post a pic or two if it works out allright. It's an interestiing and different way to photograph watches.

cheers,

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey Sjors, it worked ! The timing thing took a little while but you were spot on with the shutter and aperture.

G-9000-8V (Mudman -grey. White face.)

Now I know what I've been missing with all those old 'bulb lit' vintage watches.

Sorry the pic is so big but I couldn't bring myself to make it any smaller ;-)
I'll be doing a few more of these when my Frogman arrives.

cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts