WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, first of all, I apologize for the lack of content lately. It has been extraordinarily busy at work so I have had bits of lurking, I will be contributing more soon. I haven't done videos in awhile so I shot 3 tonight. Sorry if I am a little rusty.

First is a new one I picked up from the Sales Forum last week and received it Saturday (Thanks Nathan) It's of the very first unmarked Mudman, the DW-8400:

Second is the watch that has taken the most amount of wrist time these days, my Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M.....

And third is my new Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter that I received today from a trade....

I am planning more soon, in the meantime....hope you enjoy :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The 8400 is a nice catch...

Good to see you're still in the video review business. Can't view them on my work computer, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

Good to see you're still in the video review business. Can't view them on my work computer, unfortunately.
In theroy I'm not supposed to be able to see tham either... but hey, I'm IT... it takes me roughly 30 sec to unblock my name from proxy...

Du no why but I always feel like evil genius every time I grant myself extra rights that others don't have... ;-):-d

Hey dougy doug! Shartkhunter bud? Wow... I'd never expected that...

Hey... don't be a stranger dude...drop a PM here and there... we haven't yapped in a long time bud....:-!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great reviews - congrats

·
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wanted one for a long time....gotto love the Sales Forum and the treasures we can find ;-)

In theroy I'm not supposed to be able to see tham either... but hey, I'm IT... it takes me roughly 30 sec to unblock my name from proxy...

Du no why but I always feel like evil genius every time I grant myself extra rights that others don't have... ;-):-d

Hey dougy doug! Shartkhunter bud? Wow... I'd never expected that...

Hey... don't be a stranger dude...drop a PM here and there... we haven't yapped in a long time bud....:-!
I always feel like the IT police are going to break down my door everytime I get that screen at work saying I am unauthorized to view a site :oops: funny the perspectives, eh? :-d

Yessir, very impressive piece this Doxa. Never had interest until that meetup, I got sold, just needed the ways and means :-! We shall be in touch, always like our chats amigo.

Great reviews - congrats

Doxa. What did you trade for that?

I still can't believe you let the 300M Marine Master go.
Traded the X-Wind :) The Tag was such a great replacement for the MM. I may have one in my collection again at some point. :think:

·
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tribe....let me just clean the coffee off my keyboard now :-d

Let me 'splain.......years ago when I had enjoyed my first bit of career success before I became a maniac with the watches, I wanted to get myself my first nice watch. I went to a more upscale watch dealer and looked at a variety of watches. I REALLY wanted the Tag Heuer the woman showed me, I think it was a 2000 Professional quartz, but I couldn't afford it :-( So instead I got an ESQ quartz.

I had wanted a Tag since then....always loved the style and admired the Brand (yes I know the stigma amongst many WIS, never really much cared ;-)) Earlier this year I saw the release of the AR500 and definitely wanted to see it in person.

When I had purchased the X-Wind at my AD, they had the AR500 sitting there. I tried it on and it felt right at home. It went from wanting to see one to obsessing in my brain on how to develop the ways and means to own it :-! The MM300 was just the watch to do that. I got an offer I couldn't refuse, I negotiated a KILLER deal with my AD for the Tag, and I have to say it is my personal grail :) It has gotten 90% of the wrist time since I got it, and next to my step father's Seiko and my 5600C, it is up there as the safest watch that will never leave my collection.

So for me, it worked out as a great replacement as a long sought after personal goal for me to obtain :-!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great reviews Doug!

Your Riseman one saw me the proud owner of a GW9200 very shortly afterwards ;-)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Thanks Doug. Very nice reviews. :-!

That Mudman looks great. It's amazing how much that chunky band and bezel changes the look of what is basically a DW-6900 under the hood. I wish it was easier to get those spare parts now.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
....and the ceiling fan is still on!

Great reviews my brother.... :-!

·
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2

I see your point Doug, but this is coming from a long time Seiko collector...;-)
I hear ya I hear ya lol took a lot of ribbing when I got the Tag then too :-d

Great reviews Doug!

Your Riseman one saw me the proud owner of a GW9200 very shortly afterwards ;-)
Happy to help ;-)

Thanks Doug. Very nice reviews. :-!

That Mudman looks great. It's amazing how much that chunky band and bezel changes the look of what is basically a DW-6900 under the hood. I wish it was easier to get those spare parts now.
your right....Im thinking Ebay there can be a few found.

Thanks Doug...love your reviews:-!
Nice reviews, thanks, always good to see your videos! |>|>
nice 8400 dug!
Thanks a lot guys :thanks

....and the ceiling fan is still on!

Great reviews my brother.... :-!
Heh heh I turn it off occasionally to dust it off....thanks man :)

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
for a cheap laugh try playing all three at the same time. maybe something crazy happens like when you play dark side of the moon and the wizard of oz at the same time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts