WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I've spent the last couple days browsing this site, learning a lot. Big thank you to all of the regulars!

I'm looking for a nice casual/sport watch and have changed my mind like 3 times in the last couple of days :). Everytime i have one decided on, i'll do some searching here and find a model i've never heard of, lol

My last 2 were the orange bullet and 007. For now going for the 007, maybe get the bullet later. I have a few questions if yall dont mind...

1.Is there a material difference between the Japanese and US model? (besides the "jewels" text on the face)

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=398

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=337

2.As far as the bracelet, i like the oyster however i won't be using it immediately. My plan is to get bond straps and leather contrast stitching straps. I read a post here about the oyster not being compatible with certain stronger springbars.

Are these springbars a "must do" mod or will the straps i mentioned do ok with the stock bars?

3.To change straps, this is all i would need? I've never done it before

4.Good place to buy? I've read some posts here and seems like everyone that mentions price found their 007 way cheaper than i've seen advertised...

As you can can tell, I'm not much of a watch guy. Trying not to start that habit , as i know it can get expensive. we'll see how that works out ;-) . I currently have a BMW watch made by Citizen that i use for work during the week (like this one). now obviously looking to get something more casual...

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

Nick

·
Registered
345 Posts
1. there is NOT an US model... the first is a made in japan watch... the second is made in another asian country ( i dont know wich for sure but other people will answer you for sure).. and NO.. are made from the very same material

4. get it from superchrono.. are some nice guys.. i got a watch from there.. ill get other 2 prolly this week

·
Registered
279 Posts
1.Is there a material difference between the Japanese and US model? (besides the "jewels" text on the face)

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=398

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=337

2.As far as the bracelet, i like the oyster however i won't be using it immediately. My plan is to get bond straps and leather contrast stitching straps. I read a post here about the oyster not being compatible with certain stronger springbars.

Are these springbars a "must do" mod or will the straps i mentioned do ok with the stock bars?

3.To change straps,this is all i would need? I've never done it before

4.Good place to buy? I've read some posts here and seems like everyone that mentions price found their 007 way cheaper than i've seen advertised...
Nick
Hi !

I second Superchrono.com, I ordered 3 watchs from them, they ship
realy fast... Now for the straps, the 007 Oyster come w/ tinny spring
bar because of the bracelet design... The rubber strap 007 come with
oversized spring bar that does not fit the Oyster bracelet... (but when
you buy the Oyster bracelet only, it come with those tinny springbars).
All you need for changing strap is the tool you show us in the link...

Hope that it helped,
Philippe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info!

looks like what i'll do is order the oyster and ask superchrono.com if they'll sell me a couple of the bigger springbars for the other straps i'm gonna buy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The US model is the SKX173 and has rectangular indices rather than round.

MW

·
Registered
643 Posts
No. But Made in Japan models are more expensive none the less.

I happen to have 10 or 12 'fat' spring bars. I only need two. I can send you a couple if you PayPal me 32 cents for a stamp ;-)
3.To change straps,this is all i would need? I've never done it before
Just an FYI: you can get a tool like this on eBay for what Amazon charges for shipping...Also - if you have never done this before - watch out or you might scratch the case.
Superchrono is a decent supplier. You can also check out ebay (shipped mostly from Singapore; your milage may vary on price; but usually less than Superchrono). Also - teke a peak at the sales corner as somone may be selling one. You can get one at a discount this way.

Michael

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Michael!

I happen to have 10 or 12 'fat' spring bars. I only need two. I can send you a couple if you PayPal me 32 cents for a stamp ;-)
done! you have PM

Just an FYI: you can get a tool like this on eBay for what Amazon charges for shipping...Also - if you have never done this before - watch out or you might scratch the case.
yeah, i figured as much. my plan was to go to a watch guy and observe him do it the first time. thanks for the heads up

Superchrono is a decent supplier. You can also check out ebay (shipped mostly from Singapore; your milage may vary on price; but usually less than Superchrono). Also - teke a peak at the sales corner as somone may be selling one. You can get one at a discount this way.
i tried the ebay seller (i forget the specific name) that I've seen mentioned here. He/she didn't have any oyster bracelet 007s tho :(. Ordered last night from SC :-!

·
Registered
643 Posts
my plan was to go to a watch guy and observe him do it the first time.
Heh make sure you watch VERY closely. Some who pops spring bars off every day will probably do it under 2 seconds ;-)

BTW I have a 007 on oyster (king oyster some call it I think? becuase it has screw links) and it indeed is a very nice watch. A bit heavy for me - but nice.

Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.