WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I'd share some pictures with you all as always and first up are some of my latest additions to my watch collection...

...and next up are some pictures from the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year...

This is what I drove up the hill. It's a limited edition of 20 models with 520BHP and 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds:

...and some other pictures from the couple of days we were there :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Wayne,

Nice additions! Cool DW-81XX model. Did you win the slot game already (there goes the battery...).:-d

I think I still need to get a Kawasaki model. I met the Chief Director of Kawasaki in Barcelona in October. I must remember that moment.

The Jeff Koons BMW is pretty cool, but I think I'll go for the Rucksack in the last pic!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wayne,

Nice additions! Cool DW-81XX model. Did you win the slot game already (there goes the battery...).:-d

I think I still need to get a Kawasaki model. I met the Chief Director of Kawasaki in Barcelona in October. I must remember that moment.

The Jeff Koons BMW is pretty cool, but I think I'll go for the Rucksack in the last pic!

Cheers,

Sjors
Lol yeah that Fiat is actually Schumacher's car. There was a security guard next to the BMW and when we told him what that car might be worth, he nearly collapsed. I don't think he knew what sort of cars he was protecting up until that point :-!

I was in Amsterdam over the weekend as well Sjors... aren't you somewhere around there?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Sorry Wayne,

I live in the south near the Belgium boarder. That means Amsterdam is about 200 km (125 miles) from where I live. I rarely come "above the rivers". I think last weekend Rotterdam was one of the places to be with the prologue and depart of the Tour de France.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Wayne b-)

you get me almost to order the newDW-6900cb-2, but I think I'll be a good boy and wait for the GX-56
:-!

Thanks for new update:thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Wayne,

I live in the south near the Belgium boarder. That means Amsterdam is about 200 km (125 miles) from where I live. I rarely come "above the rivers". I think last weekend Rotterdam was one of the places to be with the prologue and depart of the Tour de France.

Cheers,

Sjors
Ohhhh okay, don't know why I thought you were nearer to Amsterdam :think: I saw the red light district for the first time... crazy place lol.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
This is what I drove up the hill. It's a limited edition of 20 models with 520BHP and 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds:

And plenty of room for all your parcels too. Very civilised.

Yeah but I just went for pictures of good cars :-!:-d;-)

I have lots more pictures and there's probably a Mustang or two but you don't go to Goodwood for Mustangs matey :-!

Indeed you don't. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I like the AMG. Looks like the MP4-12C attracted a good crowd, too. And I really like that McLaren GTR.

Which Casios were Adrian Newey and Christian Horner wearing? I keep hoping they'll do some sort of a Red Bull F1-related G-Shock. And, speaking of Gs, nice collection!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the AMG. Looks like the MP4-12C attracted a good crowd, too. And I really like that McLaren GTR.

Which Casios were Adrian Newey and Christian Horner wearing? I keep hoping they'll do some sort of a Red Bull F1-related G-Shock. And, speaking of Gs, nice collection!
I actually got so carried away that I didn't check out the watches of pretty much anyone we met lol. The only person we did spot was one of the Red Bull GP2 drivers and we got talking to him about his B.R.M. watch :)

Nice pics.:-! I went to the Festival of Speed from 1995-2000, before I moved out here. It is easily the greatest motoring event on the planet.:)
I agree! Apparently the Silverstone Classic's a good one as well so I might check that out but nothing will beat Goodwood with the people and cars you come across.

In the top picture and the third from the top, what model is just to the left of the GW-7900B?
That would be the DW-6900CB-2 if I'm not mistaken

Alex
That's the one... get one Alex :-!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Whoah man, great pics of the Goodwood show! Thats why I love shows like this and the Concours of Monterey, CA, lots of unusual rare cars. All of them with some serious history or at least a good story behind it.

So, I love wagons. Is that actually your AMG? Very nice!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts