WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Nice Hammy! NICE Panny! The Doxa does sort of steal the show though ;-).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice pics! |>

So, which one is your fav? or is that a silly question? :-d

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice feedback, I tried it again last night, this time with longer exposure and also reflecting some light off the ceiling with an white LED torch to help bring forward the watch body out of the drkness, which worked quite well for the the PAM and Hammy with bare steel cases. you can see some of the torch reflection off the watches crystal .... :)

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Super-nice photos!!

That Mil-Sharkie with the orange strap is a stunning look! The orange rubber really pulls the orange numbers fromthe bezel.

:-!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thought I share a few pictures I took last night -

Being that this a Doxa forum and people's answer's might be biased, how do you feel the Panerai and Hamilton measure up? Granted, we have a range in prices here . . .

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, good questions Sgian Dubh, the pam90 was interesting for me because it had the power reserve complication & now I seem to wear it for weekends getting alternated with the omega SMP. the pam90 keeps time to -0.6s/day.

I bought the hammy recently because it was going for what I though was a good price & i haven't had a watch with an internal bezel yet. The internal bezel was a bit sticky and lacks the precision of the doxa or the omega smp. it has the same hardy movement as the doxa & keeps time to +3s/day.

the Doxa, I currently wear for work because I haven't managed to scratch the PVD yet. I'm facinated by this fact and that the Doxa keep time to +0.4s/day....

not sure if i answered you question, but i just like mechanical watches, they all have to be precise for me, however each is different to me and appeals to me in their own unique way. :-!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Fantastic pics of some great watches :-!. Just for my reference, would you mind indicating your wrist size? I am thinking about going from my 1000T to a 750T, your pics may help me decide if I knew your wrist size.

Thanks much, Mike W.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks, Joukowski. You did indeed answer my question. I was just curious on your perspective. I think Doxa is well priced (at least for now, as I hear their prices are increasing) and was just wondering how the Hamilton (less expensive watch) and Panerai (a more expensive watch) compared.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts