WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I ordered a steinhart nav-b chrono ii black dlc and it arrived today. from what i know is, pressing the button located at 2pm will start/stop the stopwatch while pressing the button located at 4pm will reset the stopwatch. but it doesnt works for me, the stopwatch keeps going on even though i've pressed the button located at 2pm for it to stop.

is there anything i'm not doing right? please advise me thanks!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Umm... Perhap not pressed hard enough? The 7750 movement chrono functions are not as smooth as the Japanese movements you know...

Or, once you confirmed that you really cannot stop the chronograph from moving by pressing hard, it's time to call up to Steinhart to inform them about this defect. Then follows by an email which shall serve as a reminder to them.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Welcome Angeline,

There is nothing wrong with your Nav.B chrono, it is functioning perfectly. To reset the active chrono hand you need to push the button at 2 a second time to stop the hand then you push the button at 4 to reset it. This how the complication of Steinharts 7750 & many other brands use of the same movement operates. As I understand it some brands such as IWC further modify their 7750 movements by adding another complication that would allow the button at 4 to reset but not stop the active chrono hand back to zero where it will automatically start counting again.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome Angeline,

There is nothing wrong with your Nav.B chrono, it is functioning perfectly. To reset the active chrono hand you need to push the button at 2 a second time to stop the hand then you push the button at 4 to reset it. This how the complication of Steinharts 7750 & many other brands use of the same movement operates. As I understand it some brands such as IWC further modify their 7750 movements by adding another complication that would allow the button at 4 to reset but not stop the active chrono hand back to zero where it will automatically start counting again.
Welcome Angeline,

I think you're referring to the flyback complication. And iirc those on iwc's With this complication are in-house movements, not modified 7750's. These usually have 2 sub-dials on the dial. These are running on the 89xxx series movements. The new spitfire and top gun miramar chronos run on this movement. The yacht club as well. But not the new pilot chrono which still utilizes the valjoux 7750. The yacht club differs slightly as it has an additional hour timer on the main dial to time the hour lapped when the stopwatch is used.

Back to the thread starter's query. I think she's handling it correctly. SHe tried to stop with the same start pusher at 2 o'clock but the stopwatch wouldn't stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts