WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is, wow! I had a Tortuga and really liked it, but now I understand what all the hype is over the Shark Diver. The 42mm is perfect for me and wears as big as many of the 44mm watches I've owned. It nails down classy tool diver perfectly. The quality and finish on these is impressive, and this is the best I've seen a micro brew brand fit a bracelet seemlessly to the case. My only qualm is that the bracelet is not fun to size. I also think that the hue of blue on this watch is perfect. Between this, an Oris TT1, a Moray, and my deep blue flat t100, this SD has the best looking blue. bezel action is crisp and precise. lume is kick ass. Anyways, I will give some observations after I've had a chance to play with it for awhile and let the 2824 settle in.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Awesome.!

Agree with you. looks Great on your Wrist.. (they seem to Wear Bigger than The Actual Size. which is a Plus of me ;-) ). and the Blue is so Nice too. :-!

Congratulations. wear it in good Health..

Tony

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh dude......I so so want that Blue dial sharky.....Would you elaborate on the bracelet sizing? I thought it'd be easier with the screws coming off and reattaching the links....Pins, I know are a pain...but screws?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe that's just me and my mechanical ineptitude, but I find having to hold screw drivers on either side of the link tedious and a recipe for scratching up the links. It took me like 40 minutes to size this bracelet. I've had some other screw links where you can fasten from one side. In the end, it's not a big deal because you do it once and then use the micro adjustments as needed. Having said all that, I love this bracelet. It is so comfortable and nicely forming to the wrist. In addition, it adds much bravado to the look of the watch.

Oh dude......I so so want that Blue dial sharky.....Would you elaborate on the bracelet sizing? I thought it'd be easier with the screws coming off and reattaching the links....Pins, I know are a pain...but screws?

·
Registered
389 Posts
^^^ Yeah...that bracelet does look very mean.......looks like it can survive a disaster......

I also just noticed that you picked up the ETA over the Miyota....any particular reason for that? I was thinking that Miyota was a reliable movement
too and perhaps was worth the $100 saving it would entail over the ETA.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say that for me the ETA thing was a personal vs. a "1 is better than the other" thing. I've owned three watches so far with the Miyota 9015, and it is a very nice and state of the art movement. From aesthetics purely, I think the miyota is a much more attractive and slim movement vs. the 2824. However, my experience has been that the hacking function on the Miyota is quirky. Pretty consistently on the models that I've owned it seems like the movement slips very easily out of the hack function. For instance, you'll pull the crown all the way out to set the time, and then when you start to turn the crown to set the hands, it will slip out of gear and the second hand will start moving. I've found that if you keep an outward pull on the crown as you begin to set the hands, it works fine, but this kind of annoys me. The ETA never did that to me. This was not the make or break for me on the ETA vs. Miyota. My rationale, which is irrational, is that I like knowing that I have a swiss movement in there. I don't necessarily think the $100 justifies the difference in movements, but I happened to have the extra money from a watch sale, and it was either upgrade the movement or buy an extra leather strap. I chose the movement. Not to mention on the blue SD, I like the way the ETA white date wheel looks better vs. the black from the Miyota. I think the miyota will not dissapoint you if it comes down to the money.

^^^ Yeah...that bracelet does look very mean.......looks like it can survive a disaster......

I also just noticed that you picked up the ETA over the Miyota....any particular reason for that? I was thinking that Miyota was a reliable movement
too and perhaps was worth the $100 saving it would entail over the ETA.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
A real beauty at a good price (Miyota or ETA), I like this one much better then it's bigger brother. It seems much more balanced, so this could be my next.

Enjoy it!

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts