WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
But seriously I think you're correct about the white lume....

·
Registered
372 Posts
But seriously I think you're correct about the white lume....
I’m not even a fauxtina hater. I have a Black Bay and a Longines Legend Diver and I love them. This watch would be so sexy with white lume though. Wish it was an option.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I actually think the watch looks great. I'm stunned by the relative size difference. For me, I'm waiting to see the blue out in the field.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I'm going to get on the bandwagon here and say the fauxtina does not do this guy any favors.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
OP I think „pictures borrowed“ is not very polite when you lifted them from another forum. Not very kind towards the user who took them and posted them there

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
OP I think „pictures borrowed“ is not very polite when you lifted them from another forum. Not very kind towards the user who took them and posted them there
Once they're posted on the public internet they belong to everyone. He's not trying to sell the watch with lifted pics, that's another story entirely...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is the bezel navy as well? Difficult to tell.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
When looking at this watch I can't suppress my slight disappointment that this has an aluminium bezel on the steel versions of the watch. It is not that the bezel is not attractive, and I get why they chose aluminium to go with the more retro design. It is just that the liquidmetal ceramic bezels Omega does are just so nice. And seeing the look of the ceramic bezel on the bronze-gold version of this watch just confirms how much nicer it would have been (to me).

The bronze-gold would be the one I would go for (unfortunately that version is out of my price range). Even though I like warm colors on dials the brown lume on the black and blue versions seems a little excessive. It is on bezel, Arabic numerals and hour indices. But within the bronze-gold overall caramel colored tone it just works for me. It doesn't feel like a fauxtina overkill because it is feels more part of the overall color and vibe of the watch and ties into the brown and bronze-gold colors.

If only it were in the 6-7k range. But that is how I feel about all Omega watches in general nowadays. Their prices have increased so rapidly. I recall buying both a recent production Seamaster and Speedmaster in 2017-2019 for less than 3k (euros). Those days are over.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It might be because the newer 300 is further up the wrist on the comparo shot and thus closer to the camera.... but damn does it appear to be gargantuan comparatively.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When looking at this watch I can't suppress my slight disappointment that this has an aluminium bezel on the steel versions of the watch. It is not that the bezel is not attractive, and I get why they chose aluminium to go with the more retro design. It is just that the liquidmetal ceramic bezels Omega does are just so nice. And seeing the look of the ceramic bezel on the bronze-gold version of this watch just confirms how much nicer it would have been (to me).

The bronze-gold would be the one I would go for (unfortunately that version is out of my price range). Even though I like warm colors on dials the brown lume on bezel, arabic numerals and hour indices is a little excessive in the black and blue versions of this watch. But within the bronze-gold overall caramel colored tone it just works for me.
Completely agree. Overdone with the lume and cutouts for the steel versions this time around, but it works on the bronze gold version.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have many of the feels described here. I get what Omega is going for here; it's styled after the vintage 300, so patina lume and classic materials like the aluminum. The thing is, I feel like the right thing here would be to offer a super modernized version of this old design just as they do with the Speedmaster (particularly referencing the new coaxial model).

I feel like it'd be cool to say "this doesn't resemble an old watch model, but the model is still alive and well, available with the latest materials and movements." I think the design itself has a vintage element to it. I would absolutely buy a steel / ti version with the arrow hand (I'm not a huge fan of the lolipop, it looks like a seiko mod), ceramic / liquid metal bezel, and white/off-white lume.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Love the bronze gold version!

The steel versions are also nice. The lume colour is not an issue for me. I own the now previous generation blue titanium version so I am quite accustomed to the yellow lume. They really should have kept the ceramic bezel.. On a positive note the new bracelet looks great and I believe this new one is also a bit thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
832 Posts
Here are some video clips I took of my recent trip to the boutique.

Tried on the new seamaster 300 today. As an owner of the former model, I really like the changes they made. The lollipop seconds hand is great, as is the slimmer profile. I really like the new aluminum bezel. It’s not as reflective as the last model and I like that it’s fully lumed. Will have to see how the bezel holds up over time with the treatment Omega gives it, but overall I think I prefer it to the ceramic/liquid metal version on the last model. I couldn’t tell if the lugs were shorter but it felt that way wearing the watch, which fixes one of my other complaints with the previous model.

Looked like a winner to me, though I wish they had a piece with bracelet in stock. I did not like the previous bracelet, and had mine fully brushed which I thought was much better. I’m not sure how the polished outer links will look in person.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts