WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you very much for posting these pics. I am excited to see this in the metal. I wanted to love the previous version of this watch, but it felt too tall and the lugs too long - overall, too chunky for at least my wrist. I have my fingers crossed the thickness reduction and other changes will make this model fit better. I actually have no issue with the lume. I love the look, and the movement is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I love these, I'm not huge on the lollipop seconds hand though. I'll be interested in one once they're on the market around $5500.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
While I like the dial layout and the lollipop hand, I have to say that I like the proportions on the older model better.

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
Actually a fan - now.....

wasn’t from the early renderings, and that balloon 2nds hand really bugged me....but now, in the flesh, I gotta say I like it!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here are some video clips I took of my recent trip to the boutique.

Tried on the new seamaster 300 today. As an owner of the former model, I really like the changes they made. The lollipop seconds hand is great, as is the slimmer profile. I really like the new aluminum bezel. It’s not as reflective as the last model and I like that it’s fully lumed. Will have to see how the bezel holds up over time with the treatment Omega gives it, but overall I think I prefer it to the ceramic/liquid metal version on the last model. I couldn’t tell if the lugs were shorter but it felt that way wearing the watch, which fixes one of my other complaints with the previous model.

Looked like a winner to me, though I wish they had a piece with bracelet in stock. I did not like the previous bracelet, and had mine fully brushed which I thought was much better. I’m not sure how the polished outer links will look in person.
Nice! Thanks for posting pics!

Reactions: hedet

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You guys talking about lume, this is taken from the Timeless Luxury Watches blue sm300 page. Pretty cool. I’m going shopping this Friday, hope our area AD has one to check out.

View attachment 15860033
If they do, please post pics in this thread! Thanks!

Reactions: phisch

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you very much for posting these pics. I am excited to see this in the metal. I wanted to love the previous version of this watch, but it felt too tall and the lugs too long - overall, too chunky for at least my wrist. I have my fingers crossed the thickness reduction and other changes will make this model fit better. I actually have no issue with the lume. I love the look, and the movement is fantastic.
I've seen them side by side at a OB. I think the are basically the same case. The bezel is slightly less tall/thick. They feel almost identical on wrist imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts