WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pics of my first Rollie, my wife has owned many. I gotta admit I didn't think I'd like it when it arrived as I'm used to dive watches with a case size of 43mm or larger. But damned if it didn't grow on me. :)

Pic on my 7" wrist

I've seen so many varying dimensions for this watch, here they are taken with digital calipers.

DIMENSIONS:

~ Width (10 o'clock to 4 o'clock): 39.88mm
~ Width w/ crown lugs: 42.19mm
~ Width including crown: 43.64mm
~ Length: 47.90mm
~ Bezel width: 39.52mm
~ Crystal/Dial width: 29.41mm
~ Crown width: 6.96mm
~ Thickness: 14.51mm
~ Bracelet link thickness: Tapers from 3.70mm thick to 3.26mm at the clasp
~ Bracelet width: 20mm to 16.83mm at the clasp
~ Weight on bracelet w/ all links: 148 grams

·
Registered
42 Posts
i don't yet have a Rolex although the aim is to get the SeaDweller maybe around next year (if i save up that quick enough).

your pics again confirmed that is THE Rolex that i would like to have.

i was always ding-dong'ing back and forth between the SD, the Explorer I, and the GMT Master II.

by the way, every SD comes with that anchor thingy?? (looks pretty cute actually).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a SD K series. below the 6 marker it says Swiss Made.... yours says Swiss. Just different Series numbers?

SD4000

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SD4000 said:
I have a SD K series. below the 6 marker it says Swiss Made.... yours says Swiss. Just different Series numbers?

SD4000
Yes, this particluar model is an "A series" that was produced in late 1998 and all of 1999. This series has "SWISS" on the dial, while newer models have "SWISS MADE" and older ones have "SWISS T<25".

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rajenmaniar said:
Hmm nice Steve.
I see you have changed your siginature which used to be something like "Orange you glad you didnt get Rolex"!
Yeah Raj, I got rid of the Doxa T-Graph when I bought the Rollie. ;-)

·
Registered
743 Posts
That's a great looking watch Steve.:gold That one is on my list of must have divers. Glad to see you gave Rolex a shot. Outstanding photos! I have yet to see you post a bad watch pic.:)
Greg

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lenk said:
That's a great looking watch Steve.:gold That one is on my list of must have divers. Glad to see you gave Rolex a shot. Outstanding photos! I have yet to see you post a bad watch pic.:)
Greg
Hey Greg, thanks! This is the only Rollie I'd wear though, if it were any smaller or lighter, I would have flipped it by now. This 3135 movement is deadly accurate, it's been spot on since I got it last Monday. Here's some new pics. ;-)

·
Registered
294 Posts
What type of Nato strap is that? Almost looks like a Leather Nato strap? Where can you purchase a strap like that? Looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts