WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,331 Posts
Those are sweet designs :-!

I like that they have developed a unique aesthetic for their skeletons that make them distinctive from the skeleton tourbillons from PTS, Sea-Gull and Beijing.

Have you noticed that besides their tourbillons, the main product they are offering appears to be the 'Chinese 7750' (calibres 4021, 4041, 4042, 4140, 4141). I wonder if this is the factory that is the source of this calibre? And how long before they offer a skeleton version :-d How cool would that be?

The other thing that I noticed is that I recognized the cases of some of their models as being the same as Million Smart sell to Aeromatic and Trias. Clearly Million Smart favour Liaoning movements in their watches, so could it be that they are also buying cases from them, or even the complete watch? Or is Liaoning simply buying from the same case-maker? Perhaps there is a cases for movements arrangement in place (such as existed between Vostok and Vitebsk Instruments for a while).

·
Registered
71 Posts
<old thread bump>
They do all sorts of engraving. Mostly clearly aimed at the Chinese. My Chinese freind told me the meaning of all these though tbh I can't remember the significance of the sheep in this picture. Lions, horses, eagles all have a meaning of bringing you good luck or good fortune according to Chinese traditions. You can also have your calendar year animal on the dial if you want.

Too much gold doesn't suit my personal tastes. But this kind of thing is much more likely to be suitable to Chinese tastes. Subtlety or minimalism isn't too prevelent.

tourbengrave.jpg

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
<old thread bump>
They do all sorts of engraving. Mostly clearly aimed at the Chinese. My Chinese freind told me the meaning of all these though tbh I can't remember the significance of the sheep in this picture. Lions, horses, eagles all have a meaning of bringing you good luck or good fortune according to Chinese traditions. You can also have your calendar year animal on the dial if you want.

Too much gold doesn't suit my personal tastes. But this kind of thing is much more likely to be suitable to Chinese tastes. Subtlety or minimalism isn't too prevelent.

View attachment 217851
My guess is the sheep is from the chinese zodiac meaning but for more information you can check here http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/Chinese_Customs/animals_symbolism.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts