WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was trying to think of something that has been sold with a perceived value for something that has no real value ;-)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice high-velocity blood splatter. :-s

robert

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Stash is a pretty famous graffiti/street artist, and there are plenty of items he's been associated with that fetch quite a price tag. A limited edition of 50 hand painted mod in the medium he's famous for, with the autographed tag should be considered quite collectible. I'm not crazy about the watch itself, but there are definitely people out there that will be. I don't think i can agree with your assessment that this has no value.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
what da hell :roll: :roll: :roll: im not feeling it :-(

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It's certainly different. Not my cup of tea, but no different to any other LE IMO. The splatter does obscure the display somewhat though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stash is a pretty famous graffiti/street artist, and there are plenty of items he's been associated with that fetch quite a price tag. A limited edition of 50 hand painted mod in the medium he's famous for, with the autographed tag should be considered quite collectible. I'm not crazy about the watch itself, but there are definitely people out there that will be. I don't think i can agree with your assessment that this has no value.

It is the discussion of if this is art or not that makes the value. The Tracey Emmett unmade bed or the pile of firebricks would come into the same catagory. To me it is a trashed watch that needs a restore.
I heard something on TV the other day that said 'For something to be considered Art, then it needs to have no practical use whatsoever' the only point this would apply to this watch is since the display is now obscured then it perhaps has lost it's usefulness :think:
I do understand that there are certain G's that people like that others don't and that is good as people do have different tastes, this is vandalism of a perfectly good watch...have a strap printed up and or the case and then sign the tag then the result becomes closer to a collectable but other than that the current result is no different to a watch a painter and decorater wears while working.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It is the discussion of if this is art or not that makes the value. The Tracey Emmett unmade bed or the pile of firebricks would come into the same catagory. To me it is a trashed watch that needs a restore.
I heard something on TV the other day that said 'For something to be considered Art, then it needs to have no practical use whatsoever' the only point this would apply to this watch is since the display is now obscured then it perhaps has lost it's usefulness :think:
I do understand that there are certain G's that people like that others don't and that is good as people do have different tastes, this is vandalism of a perfectly good watch...have a strap printed up and or the case and then sign the tag then the result becomes closer to a collectable but other than that the current result is no different to a watch a painter and decorater wears while working.
Oscar Wilde said:

'We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All art is quite useles.
'

Maybe he would have had a different opinion if he'd owned a Casio watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts