WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Icarus is discontinued, is there another model that can be had with a dial like the Icarus' silver dial?

I stumbled across the Icarus and simply fell in love with the silver/white face version with the tritium dots. Looks so refined with a touch of tool watch lurking there. So I am wondering if a Flieger can be purchased with an Icarus dial (or some other similar combination)?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any plans by Stowa to issue a new Icarus?

Thanks,
Tom

R

·
0 Posts
mksdad said:
Since the Icarus is discontinued, is there another model that can be had with a dial like the Icarus' silver dial?

I stumbled across the Icarus and simply fell in love with the silver/white face version with the tritium dots. Looks so refined with a touch of tool watch lurking there. So I am wondering if a Flieger can be purchased with an Icarus dial (or some other similar combination)?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any plans by Stowa to issue a new Icarus?

Thanks,
Tom
I agree. That Icarus dial is a oner. I'd be seriously interested in a watch with such a dial. The subsecond indices and numerals inset from the periphery are matchless. --redstart

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redstart said:
I agree. That Icarus dial is a oner. I'd be seriously interested in a watch with such a dial. The subsecond indices and numerals inset from the periphery are matchless. --redstart
Hey redstart, my original version of this got lost somewhere when the server got busy... so...

Looks like our tastes are quite similar. First the Lagunare, then the Sinn 6060 and now... we meet again.:-!

I have been thinking a great deal about the next watch I buy. I am not a collector but simply looking to acquire 2 or 3 high quality watches to suit various needs... beater, swimming, formal, etc... I already have the beater - a Seiko SKX173, a real workhorse and good looking too boot. I had always assumed I would stick with divers and tool watches of that ilk but the forums here have really opened my eyes to other styles.

That being said, the Icarus just smacked me between the eyes. The silver dial really is excuisite.:p

Here's to hoping that Herr Schauer has a plan for a new version....

Tom

R

·
0 Posts
mksdad said:
Hey redstart, my original version of this got lost somewhere when the server got busy... so...

Looks like our tastes are quite similar. First the Lagunare, then the Sinn 6060 and now... we meet again.:-!

I have been thinking a great deal about the next watch I buy. I am not a collector but simply looking to acquire 2 or 3 high quality watches to suit various needs... beater, swimming, formal, etc... I already have the beater - a Seiko SKX173, a real workhorse and good looking too boot. I had always assumed I would stick with divers and tool watches of that ilk but the forums here have really opened my eyes to other styles.

That being said, the Icarus just smacked me between the eyes. The silver dial really is excuisite.:p

Tom
Tom, I guess we both respond to simplicity and lack of unnecessary adornment. Scanning the composite in my signature, I was startled to find that most of the watches demonstrate those attributes. Mies van der Rohe was right: less is more. --redstart

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose its kind of like picking stocks - stick to the fundamentals.

Honestly, I am very conventional in my tastes. Really like uncluttered dials (although I appreciate chronographs, the functionality isn't of a lot of use to me so they, therefore, seem "cluttered"). Don't care much for cases that are square (panerai and similar) or elliptical (as much as I appreciate the quality and value of the Stowa Seatime, it too falls into this category).

I suppose we all have our own likes/dislikes...
Tom

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've seen one like this with Blue hands. If they begin producing it again, I'll purchase.

Jim

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Jim Addy said:
I've seen one like this with Blue hands. If they begin producing it again, I'll purchase.

Jim
Jim,

The hands are blue,you have to turn the watch to find the right light thats why they always appear to be black the same way as the face appears whute as opposed to silver,

Martin

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
"Very blue!"

Great photo's Bruce if it got any bluer it would come in a unmarked wrapping

Martin

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BruceS said:
LOL just doing my bit for the German watch industry guys :-D
I believe it was these pics, in an earlier thread that clued me in on the Icarus.

Therefore, I hold you personally accountable for any unauthorized expenditures I might hear about from my wife. :-|

Tom

R

·
0 Posts
mksdad said:
... the Icarus just smacked me between the eyes. The silver dial really is excuisite.:p

Tom
Tom, I'd like to see a highly polished case, à la Glycine Lagunare. --redstart

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
mksdad said:
I believe it was these pics, in an earlier thread that clued me in on the Icarus.

Therefore, I hold you personally accountable for any unauthorized expenditures I might hear about from my wife. :-|

Tom
Wouldn't be the first time for me mate :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts