WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A big round stain has formed inside of it under the glass.
Can someone explain why it happens? and if it's total loss?

Edit: Replaced the photo with a much better one (my brother helped me activating the light)

IMG_0125.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
19,861 Posts
Can't see much with your picture, but it looks scary :(

·
Registered
361 Posts
take a focused photo. That it s a mess

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, photo isnt great... looks like you have a penny taped to the screen.

Other than that , due to the shape it looks like there has been a big leak from the battery which has caused staining, although ive never seen anything like it before, thats just a wild guess

·
Registered
581 Posts
That's an emergency mode, which is activated when there is national crises from Japan, like the earth quake happening now, so that when you see that big black stain on your watch, you need run to higher places as quickly as possible...

Kidding aside, I do feel great sympathy and admiration for what is happening in Japan and how its government and people are handling the situation, a very impressive nation.

Yeah, back to the topic, it looks scary, I wouldn't wear it any longer, before I figure out what that is. A leak from battery sounds plausible, in that case, you better just get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If gloves aren't safe enough, think about this :

:-d

Seriously.. I too, wouldn't know what that one is. MY MB Frog has some sort of a stain as well, but nothing like what we see here.

Mine resembles residue from something that used to be liquid in form.. if that makes sense at all. :) :-s

I'll try to snap a photo of it, but it's kinda difficult to see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I bought a new G-Shock (G-3310).

Unfortunately, I didn't notice it had a simple plastic band instead of a cool metal band like my old one.
I think I'm gonna send both of them to horological surgery to enjoy both worlds... :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
its water

...........happened to my "new to me" 6630 after i opened it in south florida(high humidity) and then brought it back here to indiana to a 30 degree wind chill blowing on the watch while riding my four wheeler! the 2 day drastic change in temp. allowed condensation to form on the crystal just form the brief time i had the back open! i opened the back up again and the water evaporated! and the spot is gone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts