WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is different. While my collection is quite varied, I tend to favor simple watches. Two or three handers, plus/minus date. Even my busier watches still tend to have a "classic" look. Well, that and Speedmasters. But this one's not those. Memorigin's not really a microbrand; I don't know how many they sell, but given their licenses (Marvel, Transformers, Jelephant) they're definitely not small in the usual sense, even if they are mentioned here less than some microbrands.

So I'm guessing the bulk of the people who buy these watches go for them because the Swiss tourbillon's so expensive. Personally, I'd rather it didn't have a tourbillon; I'm not a fan of them. What got me to look at this was the dial. To be honest, it would make a good desk display. I'd like it even better if it lost the tourbillon and extended the scene throughout the whole dial. Anyways, I was pretty hesitant to buy this watch. Like I said, a pretty desk display, but I was worried this would be too much for a watch and too thick. Luckily, a big discount softened my concern enough to go for it. Glad I did. It's quite pretty. And nowhere near as big I was was worried it would be. The detail on the dragon and phoenix are amazing given the size and price. The rest of the dial is pretty good. The decoration of the movement is good, all things considered. Obviously the money went to the dial but the machine finishing is better than I was expecting. The tourbillon? It's a tourbillon. Like I said, I don't really care about them. Decent finishing which is more than no finishing which is usual at this price point.

As you can see, the box is a watch winder as well. Not going to use it, but nice. Can be plugged into the wall and has a battery too. I guess if you don't want to wire it.

As you can see in the picture of the Type D socket and writing, it's a Hong Kong brand. That's the first reason this came on my radar. I've got strong ties to Hong Kong so that's why I was looking at this brand in the first place. Oh, that's a booklet about the brand and the specific watch under the AC adapter.

So would I recommend the brand? Yes. It's an extremely good deal for the price. The dial work is excellent for the price. Remember, that dragon is actually gold. There are actual scales on that dragon. That water is actual mother of pearl in multiple layers to give the 3D shape. That's mother of pearl in even more layers underneath the phoenix to raise it. That is a sculpted phoenix. Those eyes are real world rubies (not grown). That pearl is actual pearl. There's real tritium inside the hollowed out pearl. The movement decoration is not great for the price, but when factoring in the dial, it's better than I would've expected. Finishing and fit are nice. Deployant and strap is just a tad below the range. Again, the excellent work on the dial at this price does mean you have to save elsewhere. And there's a tourbillon. Not really a plus or minus in my mind, but if you want a nice looking tourbillon watch, it's hard to go wrong with this. So I would recommend taking a look at Memorigin.

And no I did not get anything for this post. Obviously if I did I would've waxed eloquent much like a prior thread . . . Also I'd take better pictures.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Scenic. I like it 👍 I took a glance at their website. The prices are in HK dollars, right? Otherwise that's a lot of money for a desk display piece.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scenic. I like it 👍 I took a glance at their website. The prices are in HK dollars, right? Otherwise that's a lot of money for a desk display piece.
Yes it's HK dollars. There's a way to switch the price. I think it's at the top or bottom of the online store (it keeps cookies so I don't see it anymore).

Reactions: t1ckt0ckio

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Interesting design and thanks for taking the time in providing a brief narrative of your Memorigin. Enjoy your Harmony of Dragon and Phoenix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice review of this beautiful watch. We work since 2014 with Memorigin and I can confirm that their watches are uniquely designed and very well made. I can understand that their designs are not everyones taste, but that is with every watch. To our experience their quality is beyond any doubt. Which other manufacturer from the region would offer 3 years warranty? We sold quite some of this Harmony of Dragon and Phoenix. It is hard to transfer the wrist sensation into the pictures. I personally prefer the steel colored version as I think it fits better with the elegant dial.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice review of this beautiful watch. We work since 2014 with Memorigin and I can confirm that their watches are uniquely designed and very well made. I can understand that their designs are not everyones taste, but that is with every watch. To our experience their quality is beyond any doubt. Which other manufacturer from the region would offer 3 years warranty? We sold quite some of this Harmony of Dragon and Phoenix. It is hard to transfer the wrist sensation into the pictures. I personally prefer the steel colored version as I think it fits better with the elegant dial.
IMG_3651 (1).JPG
IMG_3653 (1).JPG
Memorigin-The-Harmony-of-Dragon-and-Phoenix-Tourbillon-AT-0828-Detail-3.JPG

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are quite unique. The dialwork is exceptional, especially at the price. At least on the one I bought, very Chinese in its design. I've always been a fan of VC&A Poetic Complications and Jaquet Droz Automatas (the watches, not just the automatons) but could never fathom spending that much on a watch that I have to stare at for a few seconds to tell the time. This is a nice way to get a similar effect. Definitely worth the purchase.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congratulations on your amazing watch! I really like the detail of the dragon and phoenix. And the pearl glows!

Cheers!
-Johnny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice review of this stunning and unique timepiece from Memorigin! I cant imagine how long it must have taken them to carve out all the little details of the dragon. I also like the custom sapphire crystal dome that gives you the opportunity to look at all the details of the watch from different angles.
A buddy of mine bought a Memorigin watch from tourbillontimepieces.com and was very pleased with the watch. A lot of watch for the money! For those who were wondering about the price in USD, I can see tourbillontimepieces.com has listed the Harmony of Dragon and Phoenix for 8564 USD.
Has anyone seen the new Black Angel watch from Memorigin? I think it looks really cool! Not typical Chinese design, but it has a more western look to it. It kind of resembles more of a Richard Mille with the rectangular watch case and the skeleton dial. I am considering buying it. What do you guys think of it?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice review of this stunning and unique timepiece from Memorigin! I cant imagine how long it must have taken them to carve out all the little details of the dragon. I also like the custom sapphire crystal dome that gives you the opportunity to look at all the details of the watch from different angles.
A buddy of mine bought a Memorigin watch from tourbillontimepieces.com and was very pleased with the watch. A lot of watch for the money! For those who were wondering about the price in USD, I can see tourbillontimepieces.com has listed the Harmony of Dragon and Phoenix for 8564 USD.
Has anyone seen the new Black Angel watch from Memorigin? I think it looks really cool! Not typical Chinese design, but it has a more western look to it. It kind of resembles more of a Richard Mille with the rectangular watch case and the skeleton dial. I am considering buying it. What do you guys think of it?
Richard Mille is not my cup of tea, but I do think the Memorigin is excellent value for what you get. I really do wish they would lean all in on the dial and do some non-tourbillon watches, but I still very much like what I got. And for what it's worth, my watch has one of the highest MSRPs in their catalog. Most of their watches are around 5k USD.

I would go for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, this is different. While my collection is quite varied, I tend to favor simple watches. Two or three handers, plus/minus date. Even my busier watches still tend to have a "classic" look. Well, that and Speedmasters. But this one's not those. Memorigin's not really a microbrand; I don't know how many they sell, but given their licenses (Marvel, Transformers, Jelephant) they're definitely not small in the usual sense, even if they are mentioned here less than some microbrands.

So I'm guessing the bulk of the people who buy these watches go for them because the Swiss tourbillon's so expensive. Personally, I'd rather it didn't have a tourbillon; I'm not a fan of them. What got me to look at this was the dial. To be honest, it would make a good desk display. I'd like it even better if it lost the tourbillon and extended the scene throughout the whole dial. Anyways, I was pretty hesitant to buy this watch. Like I said, a pretty desk display, but I was worried this would be too much for a watch and too thick. Luckily, a big discount softened my concern enough to go for it. Glad I did. It's quite pretty. And nowhere near as big I was was worried it would be. The detail on the dragon and phoenix are amazing given the size and price. The rest of the dial is pretty good. The decoration of the movement is good, all things considered. Obviously the money went to the dial but the machine finishing is better than I was expecting. The tourbillon? It's a tourbillon. Like I said, I don't really care about them. Decent finishing which is more than no finishing which is usual at this price point.

As you can see, the box is a watch winder as well. Not going to use it, but nice. Can be plugged into the wall and has a battery too. I guess if you don't want to wire it.

As you can see in the picture of the Type D socket and writing, it's a Hong Kong brand. That's the first reason this came on my radar. I've got strong ties to Hong Kong so that's why I was looking at this brand in the first place. Oh, that's a booklet about the brand and the specific watch under the AC adapter.

So would I recommend the brand? Yes. It's an extremely good deal for the price. The dial work is excellent for the price. Remember, that dragon is actually gold. There are actual scales on that dragon. That water is actual mother of pearl in multiple layers to give the 3D shape. That's mother of pearl in even more layers underneath the phoenix to raise it. That is a sculpted phoenix. Those eyes are real world rubies (not grown). That pearl is actual pearl. There's real tritium inside the hollowed out pearl. The movement decoration is not great for the price, but when factoring in the dial, it's better than I would've expected. Finishing and fit are nice. Deployant and strap is just a tad below the range. Again, the excellent work on the dial at this price does mean you have to save elsewhere. And there's a tourbillon. Not really a plus or minus in my mind, but if you want a nice looking tourbillon watch, it's hard to go wrong with this. So I would recommend taking a look at Memorigin.

And no I did not get anything for this post. Obviously if I did I would've waxed eloquent much like a prior thread . . . Also I'd take better pictures.

View attachment 15717658 View attachment 15717660 View attachment 15717661 View attachment 15717663 View attachment 15717664 View attachment 15717665 View attachment 15717666 View attachment 15717667 View attachment 15717668 View attachment 15717670 View attachment 15717673 View attachment 15717674 View attachment 15717675

View attachment 15717658 View attachment 15717660 View attachment 15717661 View attachment 15717663 View attachment 15717664 View attachment 15717665 View attachment 15717666 View attachment 15717667 View attachment 15717668 View attachment 15717670 View attachment 15717673 View attachment 15717674 View attachment 15717675
I love the watch design with the dragon and chinese style too

·
Registered
26,224 Posts
Intricate and interesting pieces 👍

Bet they get more comments than many a boring watch that appears on here regularly.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
The watches are cool!! I really like it, but out of my range for what I can spend.
Very unusual designs, done well.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The watches are cool!! I really like it, but out of my range for what I can spend.
Very unusual designs, done well.
For what it's worth, the one I have it one of their more expensive ones. They have watches well within the range of a Seamaster or a cheap IWC.
Intricate and interesting pieces 👍

Bet they get more comments than many a boring watch that appears on here regularly.
It's definitely a bit different than the usual around here.
Nice!
I love the watch design with the dragon and chinese style too
Yeah, that was the main reason for getting it. It's a very classic chinese design.

Reactions: iddaka
1 - 20 of 22 Posts