WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has spent time shopping the various sales forums recently, you've noticed more stuff for sale at lower prices. I put my America's Cup out for sale because I'm not wearing it at all and I hate to see a nice piece languish in the watch box. I priced it (I thought) very fairly and then lowered the price significantly. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Goose egg. I got a couple of "nibbles" but I'm really surprised at just HOW slow it is. So...I decided to flip my Omega mesh strap from the vintage Seamaster 300 to the AC, and...WOW!!! It looks SO good to me that I'm keeping it for a while longer. Let me know what you all think. The first is the watch on the original Bond SS Band, then on an Omega rubber strap and, finally, on the mesh.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looks better than the credit crunch.

Sorry :)

But yes, looks best on mesh, you're right. Iam always surprised how good watches look on mesh. Makes me want one.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Fantastic combo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw your watch and was surprised it didn't sell but did notice that many watches are sales forum are lanquishing. I talked to Tourneau sales folks in San Jose and in San Francisco and both said the $1500. market had completely dried up. Very slow for them.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You're right Elton, I've been browsing quite a bit and noticing the low low prices on a lot of models i'm looking for. not good..but i'm biting my lip til after the holidays. two big O's in two months makes ya a bit nutty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts