WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perfectly happy with my decision to buy the Seiko SKX007. Just waiting for some funds to move around and in a few days, I'd have a nice diver on my wrist in time for my SCUBA certification course.

However, by digging around on WUS, I discovered the Seiko SKX007J (Japanese model)

Now it's going to be impossible for me to NOT spend the extra $40-50 on the model that only includes some extra text and some peace of mind that I have the most genuine model available.

I would have been fine not knowing this info! o|

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah and whereas most people would be okay with Invicta 8926, then some of the guys here remind us "hey don't forget about 9937" and poof! now it costs double. :-d

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I agree that it is nice to have that J there, but be aware the J and the K are made in the same factory and are identical (apart from that extra text). It says Made in Japan on the dial, but it isn't.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Besides the "Japan" on the dial, about all you get that is different is a date wheel with a language other than spanish/english... If you are dead set on having the "Japan" on the dial, buy it. Otherwise save your sheckles and get the k model. Regardless of county of origin, it's the same robots building the same movement with the same QA/QC program. Don't believe the hype, in the SKX models, a Seiko is a Seiko is a Seiko, regardless of country of origin.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Instead of going for the 'J' model 007, get the K model, then look at all the Japanese Domestic Models that Seiko, Citizen and Orient make. That will definitely drive you nuts as it has done to me!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll second that! Some of the JDM models are REALLY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a sumo like I need another whole in my head, but I sure want one!! Or better yet, a TUNA CAN!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Really want to get my hands on one of these one day...

I love these. Gotta get one eventually. What's the model number for the one on the right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts