WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is awesome! I will buy the Roman for sure.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
And here I was obsessing over the Seoul limited edition, emailing whatawatches on how to buy it, and now I find the wonderful news of this watch becoming a regular model! I had my mind set on a Tangente 131 as my next watch but this might very well take its place.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I really like it!
What would be competitive watches in the 36mm range?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
449 Posts
I really like it!
What would be competitive watches in the 36mm range?

The first thing that comes to mind is the new Smiths Everest and Expedition pieces. More tool watches for sure with Miyota movements but similar in size with a clean dial design.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is the new Smiths Everest and Expedition pieces. More tool watches for sure with Miyota movements but similar in size with a clean dial design.
Thanks. I’ve never looked to closely at them but they do have some nice choices!
I especially like this:

Reactions: flaccidaardvark

·
Registered
266 Posts
Amazing. Classic design with sub second in 36 mm size, you dont find it in that price category.

If it would have the Partitio bezel, I would buy it imeadeatly.
The Partitio now has a small seconds model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The smallseconds model is 41mm and has a different caze, than the 37mm version.
The small second also diesnt make much sense in case of Partitio in my oppinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The smallseconds model is 41mm and has a different caze, than the 37mm version.
The small second also diesnt make much sense in case of Partitio in my oppinion.
My bad, I stand corrected. It’s the 41mm Partitio, not the 37. And I agree the small doesn’t make much sense.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on a Flieger Classic 36 this week but this model just might make me wait. I wasn't considering the Marine before this but the small second looks right to me on this watch. If they were going to offer this watch in a dark blue dial, I would be on a plane to Germany right now to take one from the factory.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Stowa Marine 36 small seconds can be purchased now directly from Stowa (I just got an email confirmation from them). You need to email them directly as it’s not listed on their website yet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The Stowa Marine 36 small seconds can be purchased now directly from Stowa (I just got an email confirmation from them). You need to email them directly as it’s not listed on their website yet.
O boy, I have a decision to make now. I may do this instead of the Flieger 36. Never thought I would consider a white dial but here we are. I am going to reach out to them and confirm a price. I will post the price back here as I am sure there are a few people who would like to know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
O boy, I have a decision to make now. I may do this instead of the Flieger 36. Never thought I would consider a white dial but here we are. I am going to reach out to them and confirm a price. I will post the price back here as I am sure there are a few people who would like to know.

I forgot to list the price: 823.53 EUR excl. VAT.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Someone commented elsewhere that the 2824 used in the regular Marine is more robust than the 7001 used in the small seconds. Can someone explain to me why this is or isn’t? Many thanks.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
While I love the idea of a 36mm small seconds Marine, something about the scale of the watch doesn't strike me as right. Maybe it's because my eyes are used to those elements on larger dials, but the numbers seem too pushed together, and the scale of the crown to the smaller case seems not ideal. For some watches (like the Rolex Explorer) the original smaller size doesn't scale up well to a larger size, in my opinion. For this one, though, the reverse seems to be true--the original larger size doesn't scale down well. It's still a really nice watch, but not the look I hoped for years back when I vowed I'd flip my 40mm MA for a 36mm if one were ever produced. Future iterations might change my mind, but looking at it now...I'm happy to keep my MA. Looking forward to seeing wrist shots from new owners and reading your reviews!

21 - 40 of 156 Posts