WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
One question I have is, do you think the 10.5mm thickness is correct? One of the benefits of the ETA 7001 is that it is super thin (the Antea KS is under 7mm thick). I guess if they are just reusing the case and caseback it would make sense, but I was hoping they would be able to make it a touch thinner with the 7001
I was wondering this as well, but I wound up not asking before I ordered. The Flieger classic 36 is 9.2mm with the 2804 (thicker movement than the 7001). I was hoping they would put this watch in that case when I asked for a brushed case, but I can appreciate that I was asking for a lot if they don’t put the 7001 in that case otherwise. I have definitely tested Sarah with all my questions, so I will give her a break for now, but when I get it in I will measure it myself and give some side-shots on wrist to show how it wears height-wise.

Edit: I also just checked the height on the Seoul LE version and it lists the same 10.5mm height so I think they listed it correctly on the main site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was wondering this as well, but I wound up not asking before I ordered. The Flieger classic 36 is 9.2mm with the 2804 (thicker movement than the 7001). I was hoping they would put this watch in that case when I asked for a brushed case, but I can appreciate that I was asking for a lot if they don’t put the 7001 in that case otherwise. I have definitely tested Sarah with all my questions, so I will give her a break for now, but when I get it in I will measure it myself and give some side-shots on wrist to show how it wears height-wise.

Edit: I also just checked the height on the Seoul LE version and it lists the same 10.5mm height so I think they listed it correctly on the main site.

Yeah, I think the 10.5 is correct. It’s 1.0mm thinner than the regular 36 Marine case.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
IIRC I read somewhere here on WUS that they developed a new (slimmer) case for this watch?

Edit: from whatawatches

Untitled.png

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just incase the interested people are not following the other Marine 36 thread, the height for the 36mm small seconds is 8.1mm including the domed crystal! This is according to the website and another member that reached out to Stowa.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just incase the interested people are not following the other Marine 36 thread, the height for the 36mm small seconds is 8.1mm including the domed crystal! This is according to the website and another member that reached out to Stowa.

It's just slightly dome though. IMO, it still falls under flat to me. But I am getting it nonetheless! The dial is just too handsome

·
Registered
314 Posts
That page description is all over the place... looks a bit sloppy. But that watch, now that's a lovely watch. Definitely in my shortlist for the near future.

Also, they named it Marine 36 Small Seconds, without any reference to it being the Arabic version. Maybe the Roman version isn't coming?
Yeah their webpage is a mess. They need someone who knows what they’re doing and work on the shop front full time imo. Same as their book...I guess no one ever read it, because pages cut mid-sentences that are never finished lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Thanks for the clarification re the 8.1mm thickness. Teaches me not to assume anything.

Please post photos once yours is in hand.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Thanks to our trusted resource, Mike Stuffler, for starting this thread. I was about a day away from ordering a Flieger 36 when he posted the information on this model. I know I would have loved the flieger but I am certain I made the right choice for me and my small collection.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Mike, thanks for posting. What a beauty! It looks terrific on your wrist! The comparison to the SKX13 is very useful. And I like it on that brown strap vs black. When ordering the brown, did you have to specify what shade of brown?

Thanks again and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Thanks to our trusted resource, Mike Stuffler, for starting this thread. I was about a day away from ordering a Flieger 36 when he posted the information on this model. I know I would have loved the flieger but I am certain I made the right choice for me and my small collection.

Love how thin it is. Wear it in good health!

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts

Wow congrats, this piece looks amazing in (on?) the flesh.

·
Registered
918 Posts

Beautiful! I still haven't got my Fedex notice. Might not be able to get it before Christmas :(

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
Sorry if it has been covered somewhere, but what was the story behind the twisted hands?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Oh my heart... I love everything here. The diameter, the thickness, the proportion of the hands, arabic numerals, small seconds and crown, that gorgeous movement...

Interesting how it doesn't appear that much bigger than the SKX013, around the same size.

Reactions: Mike2

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mike, thanks for posting. What a beauty! It looks terrific on your wrist! The comparison to the SKX13 is very useful. And I like it on that brown strap vs black. When ordering the brown, did you have to specify what shade of brown?
Thank middle! I specified that I wanted dark brown just to be sure. I think this color is a default brown for a lot of their non-fliegers. I just asked Sarah for dark brown in our email conversation.

Beautiful! I still haven't got my Fedex notice. Might not be able to get it before Christmas :(
I know I can't guarantee anything about your wait time, but I didn't get my FedEx notice until Dec 2 and then I picked it up just two days later. So I am guessing once you get the notice, you will be just a few days away from delivery.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thank middle! I specified that I wanted dark brown just to be sure. I think this color is a default brown for a lot of their non-fliegers. I just asked Sarah for dark brown in our email conversation.

I know I can't guarantee anything about your wait time, but I didn't get my FedEx notice until Dec 2 and then I picked it up just two days later. So I am guessing once you get the notice, you will be just a few days away from delivery.
Well! What do you know! I just got fedex email today! Will be getting my watch on Monday! :D

61 - 80 of 156 Posts