WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Thanks so much for the review and photos, @Mike2. I’ve been interested in marine/deck watches for a long while, especially with small seconds. But with my 6.5” wrist, 6498 versions are too big (often >41mm and a big lug-to-lug) and smaller versions had central seconds, which doesn’t look as cool or nostalgic to me.

This one looks like it checks all of my boxes. The top grade is icing. I might just pull the trigger from your post alone!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks so much for the review and photos, @Mike2. I’ve been interested in marine/deck watches for a long while, especially with small seconds. But with my 6.5” wrist, 6498 versions are too big (often >41mm and a big lug-to-lug) and smaller versions had central seconds, which doesn’t look as cool or nostalgic to me.

This one looks like it checks all of my boxes. The top grade is icing. I might just pull the trigger from your post alone!
I agree that even at only 36mm, the central seconds models were just missing the mark for me (even though I have admired the wrist shots from others). There was too much negative space for a dial that is so intensely white for my taste. The seconds subdial brings everything into balance for me. Yes an all-dial, white 41mm watch seems very overwhelming for our small wrists. I am very sensitive to a watch wearing just a bit too large and I was a little nervous that this watch might seem a little large being all dial, but it is so unassuming and it's presence is pleasantly neutral. It doesn't feel big or small to me, it just feels right. I actually sold my black dial Partitio a few years ago because the combo of dial and lugs made the 37mm watch wear slightly too large for comfort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This watch look great another stowa future classic

·
Registered
58 Posts
All these photos look great. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have a nice blue leather strap coming to join it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Now that's a thick strap!

What's your wrist size, for reference?
I think 6.5 last time I measured. Yea the mesh is thick but still not as thick as Staib mesh.

Speaking of which, I can now confidently say the mesh is not from Staib (I have 20mm Staib). It was always a mystery to me last time haha

·
Registered
126 Posts
Christmas came early! Got it with mesh instead, but I have navy shell cordovan straps coming as well. Overall I am very pleased with it :D
Looks great! Congrats and enjoy!

I’d be curious to see it on that blue cordovan strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
View attachment 14688485 Christmas came early! Got it with mesh instead, but I have navy shell cordovan straps coming as well. Overall I am very pleased with it :D
Damn that looks slick! I have a Marine Classic small hands on my wish list and keep going back and forward on it as I hear the case scratches easily? Anyone have experience with that?

Either way, thats a beautiful setup you have there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it.

How are you liking your Stowa Marine 36 small seconds?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey middle, I’m still very happy with it. I pretty much have it on whenever I can outside of work (nurse) or the gym. I think this one will be sticking around for the long haul.

Excellent, Mike! That’s what I was hoping to hear. I wanted to hear feedback from someone who’s been wearing it for a bit before buying one for myself.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Just placed an order for one of thess.

Can't wait to get it. Estimate is by end of January!!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Cheers guys.
Pretty sure you'll be blown away.
Pity about the easter egg packaging though , but the watch is a stunner.

Sunday ? afaik FedEx are in the week only
Ordered mine before noon Dec. 25th, , sent 15th. Jan. , on the wrist 16th.

Not much info. on these so guessed on a few things , and yes, lowered lugs

BILD4755.JPG

site measured on a flat surface , it is about 6.5 on the wrist , ace, snug.
Not as low as the Buren but very comfy. Lowered lugs wrap around the wrist not sit on top.

BILD4761.JPG BILD4763.JPG

White has many shades , this is , very , more so than the Everest.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Just received mine.

Really liking the size and simplicity of this piece.

Never had a watch in size 36 and this thin before. I think it fits really good.

I apologize for all the wrist shots but this is what I tend to look for when trying to figure out the actual size of a watch.

For reference, my wrist size is 6.5.

81 - 100 of 141 Posts