WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Hey guys, great thread; I’ve read through it twice this year.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Seems a great fit for my 6.5” wrist.

Quick question, please forgive me if I missed it—anyone know the grade of the 7001 in this? Elabore or top grade?

I couldn’t find it on the website, nor an option to upgrade it if it’s not top grade already.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys, great thread; I’ve read through it twice this year.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Seems a great fit for my 6.5” wrist.

Quick question, please forgive me if I missed it—anyone know the grade of the 7001 in this? Elabore or top grade?

I couldn’t find it on the website, nor an option to upgrade it if it’s not top grade already.

Thanks in advance!
If you can't find it online you can contact Stowa. They were very helpful when I've emailed them.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I did; they’re on summer break till the last week of August, so I turned here!

Back in December I replied to @Mike2, who had gotten one, that I was pleased to hear it was a top grade. I can’t recall where I read it though and confirmation would be great. Thanks for the suggestion, though! My wife even gave her encouragement to get it, and it’s hard to read Longitude without wanting a deck watch.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I did; they’re on summer break till the last week of August, so I turned here!

Back in December I replied to @Mike2, who had gotten one, that I was pleased to hear it was a top grade. I can’t recall where I read it though and confirmation would be great. Thanks for the suggestion, though! My wife even gave her encouragement to get it, and it’s hard to read Longitude without wanting a deck watch.
Hey Sir! So the FAQ page on Stowa’s site has lots of information including the specs on all the movements they use. The 7001 is Top Grade and that is the only grade they use of that movement. Here is their FAQ page: STOWA GmbH+CO KG | Flieger- & Marineuhren seit 1927

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Thanks, @Mike2. I think I had looked there and must have just missed it. On that note, I received a reply from Sarah at Stowa as well to confirm it a bit more.

I enjoyed the closing: “With best regards from the Black Forest.”

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My Marine 36mm arrived today and I could not be happier. It is terrific and love everything about it, including the strap which fits the marine "aesthetic" dare I say. I'd also like to add my thanks to all participants on this forum and this thread in particular since I was a little unsure of the size. Having a Partitio and seeing comparative shots here made me comfortable with my decision. It works great on my 7.25" wrist. Anyhoo, here a couple of shots which most of you have seen already but what he hell, this is like show and tell anyway, right?

Cheers,

Russ

View attachment 15057601

View attachment 15057603

View attachment 15057607
May ask how you feel about the watch a few months later, sizewise? I also have a 7.2ish wrist and I’m seriously considering this piece.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Size wise, I remain an advocate for this one. It doesn't feel or look too small in my opinion. It's also a nice change from all the divers I have in my collection too. Now there's another option you might consider as it pertains to an automatic vs manual wind. The small seconds only comes as a manual wind while the automatic are offered with either Arabic or Roman Numerals but with a "traditional" sweep seconds hand only. The only reason I bring this up is that it may just boil down to "wrist presence" in that the case is thicker on the automatics. Some may argue also that without the small seconds, the dial looks a bit larger. I'm not sure about that because it's largely subjective anyway. The long and short of it is you have some great choices and I remain very happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks Russ. That’s also a great strap color btw. (y)

Reactions: Tom Kellie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Size wise, I remain an advocate for this one. It doesn't feel or look too small in my opinion. It's also a nice change from all the divers I have in my collection too. Now there's another option you might consider as it pertains to an automatic vs manual wind. The small seconds only comes as a manual wind while the automatic are offered with either Arabic or Roman Numerals but with a "traditional" sweep seconds hand only. The only reason I bring this up is that it may just boil down to "wrist presence" in that the case is thicker on the automatics. Some may argue also that without the small seconds, the dial looks a bit larger. I'm not sure about that because it's largely subjective anyway. The long and short of it is you have some great choices and I remain very happy with mine.

View attachment 15435320
Great looking watch and I like the strap color combo.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Great looking watch and I like the strap color combo.

Thanks again. Interesting thing about the strap. I recalled that at one point, this model was offered with the grey leather strap yet when I was about to place the order, the grey was only offered as an option at an additional cost. When I queried Stowa about this, they agreed to substituting the grey for no additional monies. Good on 'em and good on me ;)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Stowa was kind enough to loan me a Marine 36 to review, and I spent some time with it under a macro lens yesterday. Let me just say that the finishing on the blued hands has left me speechless. It is difficult to believe that such attention to detail is possible on a $1000 watch.
There's something extremely sexy about capped centre stacks. I particularly like Dornbluth's approach to them, but Stowa's is also excellent.

Can't wait for the full review.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts