WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

As the title states, I'm about to become the owner of a Hamilton Field Khaki Mechanical (standard olive strap, arriving in the mail this week), and I came here for advice.

For background info: I come from the world of Seiko; so finding good documentation re. care, movement specs, etc. was very easy to find. Not so with Hamilton, or so it seems.

What are some tips you would give to a new Hamilton owner, that's coming from the world of Seiko almost exclusively? Care tips? How to wind the watch? How can I tell if my new Hammy has the H50 movement or the ETA? Etc.

Also, what's this I hear about the H50 movement for the Khaki Mechanical not having a regulation lever? Is there a reason for it? Does it improve the movement somehow? Thanks.

Thanks.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Congrats, they're great little watches.

If it's new it'll mosy likely have the H50 movement. slower beat rate (3hz which is the same as most Seikos) but longer power reserve.

You'll know by watching the seconds hand or listening to it tick. if it beats faster than the seikos you've had then you have the ETA version. If it beats at the same speed then it's a H50 inside. check the caseback too as it might mention what's inside.

As for winding it 20 or so full turns of the crown should be enough for a full charge. Dont wind too fast, and no need to wind more than once daily.

More importantly dont forget to wind it! (easily done with a mechanical)

No regulation lever on H50 not sure why probaby a cost cutting measure. I hear these new H movements come well regulated out the box so chances are you won't need to touch it.

enjoy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, they're great little watches.

If it's new it'll mosy likely have the H50 movement. slower beat rate (3hz which is the same as most Seikos) but longer power reserve.

You'll know by watching the seconds hand or listening to it tick. if it beats faster than the seikos you've had then you have the ETA version. If it beats at the same speed then it's a H50 inside. check the caseback too as it might mention what's inside.

As for winding it 20 or so full turns of the crown should be enough for a full charge. Dont wind too fast, and no need to wind more than once daily.

More importantly dont forget to wind it! (easily done with a mechanical)

No regulation lever on H50 not sure why probaby a cost cutting measure. I hear these new H movements come well regulated out the box so chances are you won't need to touch it.

enjoy
Hey, thanks for giving me a rundown on the basics.

I really appreciate it and am really excited to wear that Hamilton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts