WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Have any of you swapped a Oris Small Second Date Stainless Steel bracelet with a Titan C Titanium Bracelet?

If so, did you get a noticeable weight differnce in the watch overall (Small Second on SS Bracelet is 250grams)?

Can anyone tell me what the weight difference in the SS and Titanium bracelet is?

Also, does anyone have a price for the Titanium Bracelet and were to get one?

Thanks guys!

Will

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure on the weight differences between the Titanium and SS. I just ordered a Titan "C" 47mm from Toppers which is a sponsor of the site. The one they had came with a rubber strap. They ordered me a Titanium bracelet and it was $200. Everything should be here tomorrow. I cant wait.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CJ. You mind me asking the price of the Titan C?

Will

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Thanks Brent. I think FOO actually has the weight in one of their videos. Let me check.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Brent,

Friends of Oris says that the Watch/SS Bracelet is 250 grams, and that the Watch/Rubber Strap is 180 grams. Do you happen to know how many grams the Rubber strap is by itself?

My EXTENSIVE Algebraic prowress tells me we could find the weight difference by knowing any 2 variables. :)

Will

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Do you happen to know how many grams the Rubber strap is by itself?

My EXTENSIVE Algebraic prowress tells me we could find the weight difference by knowing any 2 variables. :)

Will
Ahhhh.... but what your algebraic prowess can't factor in is that both my rubber straps are on titanium deployant clasps, not stainless steel, unfortunately, so you can't compare with the strap that comes standard on the SS cased watch.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. Good point.

But if its just the weight of the deployant; then that number is probably menial.

:)

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I have a couple of numbers that allowed me to estimate the weight of your watch with a titanium bracelet.

I measured my rubber strap with titanium deployant, and it weighs in at 32 grams. That's a 38 gram weight saving compared to the standard rubber with stainless clasp, which according to your numbers weighs 70 grams (250-180). Amazing the weight saving you get with a titanium clasp. I weighed the titanium bracelet from my Prodiver that I had in my strap box (my Aquis titanium bracelet was mounted so I couldn't compare) and it weighed 58 grams (26 gms more than the rubber & titanium strap) so the watch with titanium bracelet should be 12 grams lighter than the watch on rubber strap with stainless clasp. Therefore, based on those measurements and working the numbers, putting a titanium bracelet on your watch should drop the total weight by 1/3 to around 168 grams. The titanium bracelet works out to be about 82 grams lighter than the stainless bracelet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brent, Thank you very much!

I wouldn't of guessed that the Ti Bracelet was that light! Well when I recieve the watch on Friday /Saturday and if its too heavy; I may look into selling the SS bracelet and getting the Ti one!

I'm going to make out a table to post for WUS if anyone is interested in the numbers!

Thanks again man.

Will

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Your welcome. If I have the time, I might remove my Aquis titanium bracelet and compare, but I doubt it will vary by more than a few grams.

If you have a digital scale, you should weigh the bracelet after you get the watch. I'd be interested to see if my estimated weight is correct. I might also be interested in selling my Aquis titanium bracelet, and it might fit the Small Seconds (would need to verify exact fit dimensions if you were interested in it).

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the Titan C and the Aquis Bracelet different sizes? I believe the Titan C is a 24/21 mm correct?
Is the Aquis a 22/20mm?

The Oris Divers Small Second Date is 24mm/21mm according to Oris.

Will

Your welcome. If I have the time, I might remove my Aquis titanium bracelet and compare, but I doubt it will vary by more than a few grams.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
No, that's not how the dive watch straps/bracelets with the proprietary lug design are measured. You look at the inside lug measurement as well as the outside lug measurement.

In the case of my Prodiver and Aquis, both are 26mm to the outside of the lugs. When you get yours there will be a code number on the inside of the clasp, and usually the third set of numbers will indicate the outside lug measurement in mm (ex. 07 8 26 71PEB is a 26 mm outside width bracelet). The inside lug measurement is usually what varies the most between watches. On my Prodiver it is 10mm, but on my smaller 43mm Aquis the inside lug measurement is actually bigger at 12mm. At the clasp end, both the Prodiver and Aquis bracelets are 20mm (so I'd be surprised if your's isn't too), but it doesn't matter because if you buy a titanium bracelet it will come with a titanium clasp so you won't need to bother trying to match a new bracelet to your existing clasp. As long as you find a bracelet or strap with inside and outside lug measurements that match yours, it will work. You'll just need to measure it when you get it, unless you can find a reference to the sizing somewhere.

EDIT: I just looked up the code (I assume you're getting the Diver Small Seconds and not the Aquis Small Seconds) and the bracelet reference is 07 8 24 01PEB. That means you have an outside lug size of 24mm and the titanium bracelet from my Aquis (26mm) will be too large. PM me if you want to find the titanium bracelet at the best possible price (I know an AD that has the best pricing anywhere).

·
Registered
12 Posts
W. The total for the Titan C 47mm w/ rubber bracelet and a Titanium bracelet was 1,992 shipped. I was quoted close to 2600 from an AD here in Houston.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks CJ!

Brent: My Model for my Oris Diver Sm Sec Date is: 01-743-7609-8555-07-8-24-01peb

Im guess that is 24mm Outside Width on the lugs of the watch?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Thanks CJ!

Brent: My Model for my Oris Diver Sm Sec Date is: 01-743-7609-8555-07-8-24-01peb

Im guess that is 24mm Outside Width on the lugs of the watch?
Yep... that's the same as what I posted earlier. Your outside lug width is 24mm, which is narrower than both the Prodiver and Aquis bracelets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts