WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shelf White Light Product Eyewear

I have often compared my collecting style to the way Bruce Lee did his fighting style. Jeet Kune Do. Or the Formless Form. The Way of No Way.

Of course Bruce Lee was much more elegant than I could ever be. That said, I don't have any particular pattern in the way I approach my collection. When I feel like I want to buy something I just look around until something catches my eye and buy it.

I have different colors, different metals, different brands different styles, different vintages, different shapes, different sizes. I'd stop short of calling my collection eclectic. Yet I would say it was varied.

This is my second time seriously collecting watches. I started out in the mid 1980s and stopped in the early 2000s. During that time I had 100 pieces in my collection and had bought/sold well over 300. Watches from A to Z. From inexpensive to quite costly ones. By the sheer numbers of it, I had even more variation then than I do now. With an even wider spread in cost.

The only real "pattern" I have so far is that I have made an effort to buy watches I've never owned before. Although that may or may not change in the future, for now, I want to experience as many watches as possible without trying to rehash my past.

The following are closer pictures of what I've accumulated over the last few years.

Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White

Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White

Watch Analog watch Silver White Light

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

There are currently 31 watches in the stable. I haven't sold anything since I started up again. It's sort of a blessing and a curse in a way. I don't know how many watches I'll buy in 2023. I don't think I'll be settling on any particular direction any time soon though.

Thank you for indulging me. I hope you enjoyed looking.

Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Go 2023!!

Ross

Registered
Funny that you say "without trying to rehash my past,"
and then show a Movado Museum piece...
that brings up bad memories from my past :p:D
I love that you took closer-up pictures of your collection.
I like the Zelos Swordfish.

Reactions: Baka1969

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny that you say "without trying to rehash my past,"
and then show a Movado Museum piece...
that brings up bad memories from my past :p:D
I love that you took closer-up pictures of your collection.
I like the Zelos Swordfish.
Thanks!

Funny enough my first "nice" watch was a Movado Museum back in the mid 1980s. Although close, my current Museum is a different model that has slightly thicker lugs than the one I had years ago. So not an exact redo. Sorry about those bad memories. lol

Registered
I haven't sold anything since I started up again. It's sort of a blessing and a curse in a way.
Yeah, but Ross, you need to not have so many Homagea in your collection. I鈥檒l give you鈥$20 each to help you get you collection started for REAL鈥 $620 for your whole collection is a REASONABLE OFFER鈥. Just think about it鈥

馃槣

Have a Merry Christmas- they all look lovely鈥.

Products I own:
  • +4 
Show off what you own too!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice collection, but I noticed it is quite ball heavy鈥ould have it looked at immediately 馃槀. That cushion case Conquest is my fav!
It's the Trilogy of Ball!

Funny enough I have more Longines and Hamiltons than I do Ball watches. I wouldn't mind adding more Omegas either.

Registered
View attachment 17101008

I have often compared my collecting style to the way Bruce Lee did his fighting style. Jeet Kune Do. Or the Formless Form. The Way of No Way.

Of course Bruce Lee was much more elegant than I could ever be. That said, I don't have any particular pattern in the way I approach my collection. When I feel like I want to buy something I just look around until something catches my eye and buy it.

I have different colors, different metals, different brands different styles, different vintages, different shapes, different sizes. I'd stop short of calling my collection eclectic. Yet I would say it was varied.

This is my second time seriously collecting watches. I started out in the mid 1980s and stopped in the early 2000s. During that time I had 100 pieces in my collection and had bought/sold well over 300. Watches from A to Z. From inexpensive to quite costly ones. By the sheer numbers of it, I had even more variation then than I do now. With an even wider spread in cost.

The only real "pattern" I have so far is that I have made an effort to buy watches I've never owned before. Although that may or may not change in the future, for now, I want to experience as many watches as possible without trying to rehash my past.

The following are closer pictures of what I've accumulated over the last few years.

View attachment 17101017
View attachment 17101020

View attachment 17101021
View attachment 17101022

View attachment 17101026

There are currently 31 watches in the stable. I haven't sold anything since I started up again. It's sort of a blessing and a curse in a way. I don't know how many watches I'll buy in 2023. I don't think I'll be settling on any particular direction any time soon though.

Ross
Thanks for sharing, love this Longines 馃憤
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Grey

Registered
View attachment 17101008

View attachment 17101017
View attachment 17101020

View attachment 17101021
View attachment 17101022

View attachment 17101026

Ross
Great collection.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts