WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve made a few changes to the collection over the last few months. Added the Moser and the SBGH295.

Black Rectangle Font Metal Electric blue

I’m thinking about consolidating a bit, and curious what others thoughts are on what should go vs stay. I’m considering letting one of the Blancpain divers go as well as one of the Tudor watches (probably the GMT). I’m also considering letting the SBGA413 go. Not sure yet, may just keep them, but certainly considering reducing the size a bit. Appreciate others thoughts.

·
Premium Member
Breitling, Cartier, G-Shock, Omega, Rolex (x2), Seiko, Sinn, Tissot (x3)
1,558 Posts
Great collection. Very nicely done and if some aren't getting wear time then I don't blame you for narrowing down a bit to give adequate wear to what's left. In your shoes I'd get rid of the Omega, Tudors or Grand Seikos, if anything. I'd get something on leather. My tastes only, not a critique by any means.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sheesh thats one heck of a collection right there!

I would personally sell the VC I've got a "vibe" the market on those is going to start dropping pretty quickly here and prices are going to start dropping. Unless you bought in at the peak gray market you might find a lot of return on letting go of it.

But otherwise, I think your idea to let go of one of the BP's and the SBGA413 makes a ton of sense as they're pretty redundant in this group.

Whatever you do you're pretty much set, thats as fine a collection as I've seen. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You have a great collection. My personal take would be, sell the GS, whichever of the BPs you like less, the Tudor Black Bay (I would want to keep a GMT in my collection), and the Seamaster. That would leave a pretty amazing and diverse 9 watch collection.

Reactions: Siddy and smithj

·
Registered
736 Posts
I’m considering letting one of the Blancpain divers go as well as one of the Tudor watches (probably the GMT). I’m also considering letting the SBGA413 go.
I would drop one of the blue divers (Omega or Blancpain), one of the Tudors, and one of the Grand Seikos.

Excellent collection!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a great collection. My personal take would be, sell the GS, whichever of the BPs you like less, the Tudor Black Bay (I would want to keep a GMT in my collection), and the Seamaster. That would leave a pretty amazing and diverse 9 watch collection.
Thanks! I’m partial to the Tudor Harrods for some reason (we all like what we like, I guess), but I agree the GMT makes more sense from a cohesiveness standpoint.

Reactions: cykrops and mnf67

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sheesh thats one heck of a collection right there!

I would personally sell the VC I've got a "vibe" the market on those is going to start dropping pretty quickly here and prices are going to start dropping. Unless you bought in at the peak gray market you might find a lot of return on letting go of it.

But otherwise, I think your idea to let go of one of the BP's and the SBGA413 makes a ton of sense as they're pretty redundant in this group.

Whatever you do you're pretty much set, thats as fine a collection as I've seen. Congratulations!
I really like the VC and love having a holy trinity watch in the collection. That said, I suspect you may be right on the market and I could certainly make a fair amount of money if I let it go. I wear it pretty frequently though, so not sure I’m ready to part with it.

Reactions: steph86

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can't consolidate a watch box with two empty slots. It must be full before you can start consolidating.
Hahaha. I was waiting for that response!

Reactions: Summydad1

·
Registered
15,669 Posts
Cutting some slack for the Zenith and the GS.

Nice collection though. Good luck moving forward. I recommend some fun micros!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
In your shoes, I'd drop
  • Bathy
  • Tudor GMT
  • SBGH295
  • IWC
  • Swap the Glashutte for some other chrono. Say the BP Air Command or the Lemania based Breguet Classic Chrono 3237
  • Swap the Seamaster for some other Omega diver, like say the new Bond Ti Seamaster

·
Premium Member
11,165 Posts
That's not a collection, that's a dealer's inventory! It's sublime, nicely done and thank you for sharing, @smithj! If you do end up letting the Blancpains go would you get another diver to keep the SMP company?

Reactions: Simon and smithj

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Looking at it as you have it displayed, I’d keep two on each row and the rest would be on the bubble.

row numbers:
1 Seamaster and a Blancpain
2 Glashutte and IWC
3 Milgauss, and any one of the other three (though I like that red dial)

But keep the Harrods also.… Actually I can’t help. I have a bunch I can’t get rid of.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
GREAT collection, OP. Really nice stuff in there. The Moser, VC, and 413 are the untouchables (in my opinion, of course).

Reactions: Howbouthemcwbys

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I would sell the Bathyscaphe, the BB Harrods, the Zenith, and both GS and consolidate into one additional watch that is at least on par with your VC Overseas (i.e. something from another haute horlogerie brand or the holy trinity/ALS).

Otherwise, quite the varied and nicely assembled collection to this point. Congrats!

Reactions: smithj
1 - 20 of 84 Posts