WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a firm believer in the "wow" factor, and when I saw the white GW-9700, the first words out of my mouth were, you guessed it, "wow"!

What can I expect to pay, if I can find this somewhere?

Thanks,
Neil

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
a white gw-7900? I don't think there is one. I hope that's the case too, because I don't want to buy anymore! :-d

now if you saw a white and blue g-7900, then that's different. expect 80-100 dollars US. if you can find one used, perhaps 60.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that'd make it a lot more reasonable in price! Atomic is not a deal-breaker for me, but solar is, so I'm good to go...

Thanks!
Neil

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, that'd make it a lot more reasonable in price! Atomic is not a deal-breaker for me, but solar is, so I'm good to go...

Thanks!
Neil
Bad news for you unfortunately, the G7900 isn't solar according to gshock.com.

But I do agree on the wow! Not a big fan on the style but the white suits the large style well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wanted a red GW-7900 - the GW-7900 has solar, atomic, a better moon phase indicator and tide graph (IMO). But they only do the GW-7900 in black or yellow.

The solution is simple, but expensive. You buy a G-7900 in the colour that you want, and a GW-7900 for the module that you want (either the normal display or a negative display). Then you use a small screwdriver and about ten minutes to transplant one module into the other (the bezel and strap are interchangeable between the G-7900 and GW-7900).

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I wanted a red GW-7900 - the GW-7900 has solar, atomic, a better moon phase indicator and tide graph (IMO). But they only do the GW-7900 in black or yellow.

The solution is simple, but expensive. You buy a G-7900 in the colour that you want, and a GW-7900 for the module that you want (either the normal display or a negative display). Then you use a small screwdriver and about ten minutes to transplant one module into the other (the bezel and strap are interchangeable between the G-7900 and GW-7900).
I did this, but with my yellow and my negative 7900s. So now I have a bright watch with a negative face, and dark one with a positive face. To my surprise the rivets on the four corners are purely cosmetic. They were easy to pop out and swap though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I did this, but with my yellow and my negative 7900s. So now I have a bright watch with a negative face, and dark one with a positive face. To my surprise the rivets on the four corners are purely cosmetic. They were easy to pop out and swap though.
pics please !:-! would love to see the 2 reversed.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Give me until tomorrow. I don't have a camera, so i'm gonna have to borrow my friend's. I'm happy with the results, though. I personally think the positive display from the CD model looks better with the black than the 1JF does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts