WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a manufacturer / supplier of new solid gold watch strap buckles ? I am UK based, so UK or Europe preferred, but prepared to consider US (or Far East) also.

I am looking to fit the buckle to the strap on a vintage Longines and branding is less important than quality.

It is remarkable how few people seem to be supplying this item (in Europe at least) !

·
Registered
994 Posts
I usually look for new old stock, or good condition vintage ones. The great thing about a good 10k or better gold buckle is that they can almost always be buffed backed to as new condition.

·
Registered
28,461 Posts
Did you try eBay and search under something like "18k watch buckle" or similar? A bunch of sizes popped under that for US eBay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try eBay and search under something like "18k watch buckle" or similar? A bunch of sizes popped under that for US eBay.
I have done all the permutations of Ebay search (in English and German), but most of what came up on solid gold buckles were overpriced OEM branded products. I want to track down a reliable manufacturer / supplier in order to cut out the middlemen.

By trawling back through older threads not directly on point, I have found a couple of well priced US suppliers, although shipping and customs clearance costs take some of the attraction off the prices. There seems to be 1 European manufacturer based in the UK, but they are very very expensive. I am surprised not to have found anyone in Germany or Italy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I usually look for new old stock, or good condition vintage ones. The great thing about a good 10k or better gold buckle is that they can almost always be buffed backed to as new condition.
I would be interested in how you think this would scrub up (a terrible photo I know, I have asked for a better one) ?

$_35.JPG

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts