WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted in the WTB Straps sub but if you're like me you don't actually look at the FS/WTB unless you're specifically looking to buy or sell. Or not.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 1162 bracelet with 172 endlinks, or the Mexican Holzer 22mm bracelet, for my 176.0012 Speedmaster so-called "Mark 4.5". FWIW I've got it on a Veblenist navy shell cordovan single pass Nato, and it's fine. But I'd love to find the bracelet and give it a try. My google searches are useless, and the famous auction site has the same few that aren't moving and that cost more than I want to spend right now. Can anyone recommend a source for this? Have you seen one somewhere that you passed on but could steer me to?

This thing seems to be rare as hen's teeth. Kind of stumped me thus far.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There are quite a few of them on eBay right now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was directed here by @bombaywalla and while I don't have any Holzer bracelets (aside from the one that came with my Speedy MKII) I am planning to ask a contact in Mexico to keep an eye out for them and can let you know if I am successful.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was directed here by @bombaywalla and while I don't have any Holzer bracelets (aside from the one that came with my Speedy MKII) I am planning to ask a contact in Mexico to keep an eye out for them and can let you know if I am successful.
Thank you, and pm'ing you :)

Re the bracelets on fleabay now, they all start at $350, the one exception being a seller in Hong Kong with barely any reviews (whom I wrote to ask about lowering the $55 shipping charge, and who politely declined). One of the sellers who has them for $350 also has them posted here OMEGA New MARK IV Speedmaster Stainless Bracelet 1162/172 UNUSED! (item #1374449) But TBH I want to pay significantly less for a bracelet that I'm not even sure I'll like.

Why the bracelet? Because I've been wearing my 1970 Bellmatic on its bracelet these past few days in the miserable NYC heat and humidity and it is SO much more comfortable than a Nato or leather strap, which are all I have for the Speedmaster right now.

·
Registered
526 Posts
But TBH I want to pay significantly less for a bracelet that I'm not even sure I'll like.
Understood re. price; but if you like 70s-style hollow bracelets and you're looking for one that tapers from 22 mm, I think you'll probably like it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping this up in case someone who is hoarding happens to have missed this. My apologies to anyone who rolls his/her eyes on seeing this thread :). To those of you who have reached out or commented helpfully, I appreciate it.

In the meantime I sent a message to Omega customer service to see if they have one and at how many first-born children per, and have perusing the interwebs for possible options. I've found these, and realize now that if I put anything on there other than a real Omega bracelet, I will likely be annoyed. Here's one, a cheapie: Hadley Roma Wide Metal Watch Band 7 3/8 Inch Length Stainless Steel Expandable Ends 20 to 26mm. Here's another from the same source: Hadley Roma Wide Metal Watch Band 7 1/4 Inch Length Stainless Expandable Ends 22 to 28mm. And this is pretty awesome FS: Flat-link bracelet for Heuer Calculator, other 22mm watches but I would like a little more flare on the ends to match the case. Oh well....

In the meantime, the Veblenist navy cordovan single pass I put on there doesn't seem to cut it.Very nice strap, but wrong. It's back to the green Nato for now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just got to keep looking , Im looking for a 1172 for a Constellation ebay prices are too much for me ! I cant justify the cost and will have to wait for a auction or some lucky break !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got to keep looking , Im looking for a 1172 for a Constellation ebay prices are too much for me ! I cant justify the cost and will have to wait for a auction or some lucky break !
@Robbo12 thanks for the good word! You and I have traded posts about my previously destroyed Omega Cosmic, haven't we? Grumble, grumble, old Omegas, grumble.... :)

Bumping this again: I think I'd b out of my mind to the fleabay asking prices for one of these, so still looking!

Something else that could be cool would be a vintage large-hole, 22mm Tropic Sport rubber strap, but those too are far too expensive for what you get: I had one on a 6309 Seiko diver and it began to crack, from sheer age. Had to toss it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts