WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh boy - I hope I have not just picked up the 'G-Shock bug'!

I was wondering if anybody could reccomend a US-based source for GW5600J-1? I'm looking to buy it NEW and obviously - for as little as possible ;-)

Best price I have been able to find so far is $66.95 (plus shipping -I think) from this site: http://digitalgiftstore.stores.yahoo.net/gw5600j-1.html

Does anybody konw of a less expensive source?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen that model at Target. I think it's pretty easy to come by actually. And.... I believe it was 59.99 when I saw it at Target. :-!
You most likely saw the DW-5600E and not the GW-5600J for that price.
The only known retail store in the USA so far that carries the GW-5600J is JC Penny for $100.
That's where I got mine for $75 about a few weeks ago, and that was a 25% off sale.
Watches/jewlery tend to be onsale a lot lately.
Awesome watch! I like it the best of all my G's. :gold

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would that mean that $75.52 delivered is a decent price for the GW5600J-1?

Thanks,
Michael
Looks like a pretty good bet.
Unless Pennys has a sale going on, I think $75.52 is as good as you'll find.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Did any of you guys that bought from JC Penney's get your GW5600 with it's original box? I bought 2 of them and I never got anything more than those cheap display stands. The salesguy that sold me the first one without instructions, gave me some kind of G-shock collectors tin for his screw up as he couldn't find the manual.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Tiktoc/G-Shock,

I have bought several G-Shock's here (Netherlands) in shops. The original package is most of the time not available. They only have the manuals. In Germany however they sold G-Shock for a pretty long time in plastic hexagonal boxes, like the one on my picture (only the box, not the lid is shown). I guess also the original boxes were thrown away and only these boxes were used. Most shops don't know about the collectors vallue of boxes.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did any of you guys that bought from JC Penney's get your GW5600 with it's original box? I bought 2 of them and I never got anything more than those cheap display stands. The salesguy that sold me the first one without instructions, gave me some kind of G-shock collectors tin for his screw up as he couldn't find the manual.
I recieved the typical generic Casio blue and white non-G box with my GW-5600J, but I got a G-Shock cardboard box when I got my GW-610DAJCP-1 a few months earlier.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recieved the typical generic Casio blue and white non-G box with my GW-5600J, but I got a G-Shock cardboard box when I got my GW-610DAJCP-1 a few months earlier.
Went to JC Penny today and after I found out I have 60 days to make up my mind - I picked up a GW-5600J-1. Come with a box AND on a stand.

I like the 'module' better than the other G-shock I picked up the other day with the excpetoin of havaing to chose: you either get to see day of the week or date. Really bizare. Other than that - it's real nice.

I will either sell my original G-shock (that I only had a chance to wear once) or else return this one back to JC Penny... I have 60 days to decide ;-)

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts