WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen

I have been trying to get in touch with south Florida watch enthusiasts to organize get-togethers and exchange local watch related information of interest to WUS members in this area.

I have PM'd several FL WUS members to join this thread so that we may have a place to do this instead of communicating by PM.

We want you: WISes, watch noobs, watch collectors, watch modders, watch enthusiasts, watchaholics and assorted watch freaks and addicts.... come one and come all..... lets get together and have some fun.

If you know of any WUS members in the area please invite them to join this thread.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,440 Posts
Florida is a BIG state. Where in south Florida are you thinking? I am in Lakeland in Polk County. I would go if it was not too far away.
cottontop

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
First, thank you all for your replies. I have PMed a few other members but they have not chimed in yet.

I am in Fort Lauderdale. Initially I was thinking that this might cover Palm Beach, Broward and Dade Counties, but so far it seems that people are in Dade and Broward so a location that would be central to everyone could be in Aventura, or Miami Lakes.

We'll have to start small and grow this together, so please be patient as it develops.

Since I started this I feel that I should put some ideas out there and get some feed back...so here goes:

1. Theme for our first meet up: "Tell-A-Story"
Bring up to 3 watches to show the group and be ready to take a couple of minutes to tell a story about one of them like:

How the watch came into your life: was it a gift from someone special? was it left to you by someone special to you? did you have to go to great length to find it?...etc
Is there a story behind the design of the watch? or the company that made it? Maybe it represents a technical breakthrough or a novel concept that you want to talk about. Maybe you modded it and you want to tell how you did that.

Please remember these are only suggestions to stimulate the conversation and you may have something else you would like to tell.

If you are a noob, this will give you a chance to research a little and get to know more about this hobby that you chose.

Finally, if you'd prefer to just come and listen, I am sure the others will appreciate you showing up in support of the group.

2. Location: I am thinking accessibility here...somewhere that people can get to easily. Maybe between I-95, I-75 and the Turnpike. I am circling back to Miami Lakes since the 826 connects them all.

3. Date/time: Early afternoon on a Saturday. Maybe 2:00 p.m. on June 4 or June 11.

4. Venue: I left this for last since I'm going to need some help here. If we meet at 2 o'clock in a restaurant we could have a small meal while we talk after the lunch hour peak and won't feel rushed.

Looking forward to hearing from you and please be on the lookout for other Florida members to whom you can send a PM to invite them to join.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I'm down for this....

Live in West Kendall, but anywhere in the tri-county area is doable for me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sounds great!! but a 9 hour drive for me a little too far a way... If it was a huge multi day event and had a little more notice I might make the trip next time..

I'm in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

·
Registered
560 Posts
Coral Gables here.

Depending on date/time/location (Aventura sounds decent enough), I might try my luck on seeing some of your mugs and hearing your stories.. ;P

I'm pretty new to all of this, just the Sinn to speak respectably for, so I'd almost definitely be one of the aforementioned "listener only" types. ;-)

Joaquin

Sent from my E5823

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Pompano Beach here, so Broward. I'll show up. If you do not see me reply within 24hours PM me. I don't come to public forum.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I'm in Naples and would normally make every effort to attend...but June is the high-point of the college football recruiting/camp circuit, so we're swamped the entire month. Pencil me in for the next one though.

I think it's a great idea. Keep us posted and good luck!

And lots of pics, please!

1 - 20 of 437 Posts