WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi comrades, ive been reading up on a bit of history concerning German Luftwaffer flyback chronograph watches, and the fact that the Russian army took all the machinery from the factory in Glashutte

Back to Russia with them as war reparations…..so my question is, where are these Russian airforce watches and does anybody have any examples…..?

Is the Vostock ‘Black Luftwaffe’ dial an homage example? (I have one coming)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big thanks comrade cuthbert, extends my knowledge of Russian chrono's, so going off the top watch, it was produced by the first Moscow watch factory, correct?

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
Big thanks comrade cuthbert, extends my knowledge of Russian chrono's, so going off the top watch, it was produced by the first Moscow watch factory, correct?
My understanding is that most of them were assembled from German parts and just the last ones were built by 1MWF.

BTW, in the West it was the same thing: Hanhart fell inside the French occupation area and they were forced to give movement to Vixa and Dodane for their Type XX chronographs:

Vixa-20-Groot-430x320.jpg

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
The "military" Urofa-59 version isn't too difficult to source anymore, though prices are in the thousands of dollars (still cheap compared to the German examples). Several members here have them, including Ham2 and Koutouzoff. Just google "Soviet Urofa 59" for more information than you'll know what to do with.

That civilian model is a true gem and nearly impossible to find. Congratulations, Dmitri. Let me know if you find another :-!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Civilian? I think this was as military issue as the black one, only with a Soviet designed case and dial.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, you guys have some serious stuff......there not on my list, I just wondered if anybody had one or knew anything about them....AWESOME comrades

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Wow, that's a beauty. Pity these are fetching such high prices these days. That's over $2000 more than I've ever spent on a watch, and over $2000 more than I probably ever will spend on a watch (but ask me again when I'm rich and famous).

Hope it finds a good home.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Wow, that's a beauty. Pity these are fetching such high prices these days. That's over $2000 more than I've ever spent on a watch, and over $2000 more than I probably ever will spend on a watch (but ask me again when I'm rich and famous).

Hope it finds a good home.
3 years ago it was the same ruble price, but the exchange rate was almost twice lower. So it was 5 000$

1 - 20 of 78 Posts