WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking all over, in this forum and elsewhere, for scans of Soviet-era watch catalogs. I know I've seen them before, but my searches came up empty.

This evening, I found a treasure trove of them in an Italian watch forum. I'm sure this collection is known to many forum regulars, but I figured I'd post the link here for those who may be unaware.

Here's the link to the original forum post in Italian, and here's the Google Translate English version.

Among the catalogs linked from that post, I found the Amphibia I'm wearing this evening.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Yes, to my knowledge, Orologiko.it offers the most complete source of catalogs available, and I think it's better organized than the oft-referenced collection by Antonov (though his is an incredible resource and the most linked-to collection from the Italian webpage).

That said, I've recently been looking into Andrew's fantastic repository (see the English translation HERE). What's unique about his site is the numerous scans from books as well as very early catalogs (pre-1950), many of which I'd never seen before.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yes, to my knowledge, Orologiko.it offers the most complete source of catalogs available, and I think it's better organized than the oft-referenced collection by Antonov (though his is an incredible resource and the most linked-to collection from the Italian webpage).

That said, I've recently been looking into Andrew's fantastic repository (see the English translation HERE). What's unique about his site is the numerous scans from books as well as very early catalogs (pre-1950), many of which I'd never seen before.
It is very unlikely that the catalog section on Orologiko will be updated anymore. :think:
A few months ago the Soviet/Russian subforum had been disbanded and topics moved to the general "Wristwatches" forum; it has been later reopened but most (if not all) of the most knowledgeable members (*) had left and now it is practically deserted.

IMHO ussr-watch.com is currently the best source by far. :-!

(*) not talking of me, ok? I wasn't even a member there. ;-)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Maybe this can help Cataloghi Orologi Sovietici Russi Soviet Russian Watches Catalog Sowjetische Russische Uhren Katalog - cccp-forum.it

The Russian section of orologiko now is 'very quiet' :)
Few regrets, after the events of Easter air was no longer breathable for me and some others
Uh oh -- I don't know what happened at Easter, but we're glad to have you on the WUS bandwagon :)

Thanks for that link, it's even better than the prior Orologiko.it thread! Leave it to the Italians |>

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts