WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a ticket for outer galactic space travel in the near future and thus I will need a gshock to withstand my journey to new stars.

I have the G9000, GW-A1100,
GWX-5700CS-1, and just the other day received my favorite, the 5610. Love the size, weight, thinness. Every time I put it on I question why I still buy mechanicals.

This article mentions the 5600, g9000, 6900 so would it be safe to assume my 5610 will perform above the others being solar ?

This is important.

the last thing you want to fail in the void of space besides your oxygen supply is your watch.

Text Font Document Paper Line

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Well....I have my boarding pass for the Mars Rover for July, 2020. ;-) Yes, I'm headed to Mars!! (my name is, anyway! :-d)

As for space-certified g-shocks.... I know the DW-5600E is.

My only concern about a solar watch would be, could it handle the sunlight intensity in space? But maybe that wouldn't be much of an issue, as the watch would prob only be used inside the spacecraft anyway. But even then, the only light it would get would be artificial light. If you'd use the functions a lot, maybe a battery powered watch would be better in that scenario??

When I head to Mars, I'm taking my GPR-B1000-1B, my MR-G, my Porter ed. square, AND my DW-5600E. ;-):-!:-!:-!

Product Text Font Technology Multimedia

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well....I have my boarding pass for the Mars Rover for July, 2020. ;-) Yes, I'm headed to Mars!! (my name is, anyway! :-d)

As for space-certified g-shocks.... I know the DW-5600E is.

My only concern about a solar watch would be, could it handle the sunlight intensity in space? But maybe that wouldn't be much of an issue, as the watch would prob only be used inside the spacecraft anyway. But even then, the only light it would get would be artificial light. If you'd use the functions a lot, maybe a battery powered watch would be better in that scenario??

When I head to Mars, I'm taking my GPR-B1000-1B, my MR-G, my Porter ed. square, AND my DW-5600E. ;-):-!:-!:-!

View attachment 14584105
Hmmm, I'd imagine the watch would survive anything we would be able to. We wouldn't be able to get to close to the sun either for obvious reasons haha. And I'm sure if you rest a solar model under a fluorescent light every time you go to sleep it should be fine. Any physicists out there ? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Good luck pressing that recessed adjust button on a 5600 to set the CDT for your space food in the ISS microwave with a big mother fookin’ space glove on! :-d
Who needs space gloves inside the spacecraft?? Especially mother FOOKIN' space gloves! :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
8,903 Posts
Yep, that my thread.
Seiko made their spring drive space walk ready and it was used on one of the space walks. Inside space station there is no difference anything will work as far as it's you know delivered. Mechanical have upper hand when it comes to vacuum and radiation but loose any other way around.
Current default space watch is analog digital Omega.
Timex/Casio is 50/50 or close. They been more prominent in 90s. timex was de facto pre Omega official NASA space watch for a short period.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I didn’t know that Casio had released maps of Mars for the Rangebeast. :-d

By then I'm assuming NASA will put GPS satellites above Mars too.... ;)

Reactions: Zzyzx
1 - 20 of 33 Posts