WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the clasp of the Spacemaster (cosc 2836) be swapped with a different clasp from ball? I am an in-between size and need micro adjustments.thanks

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
No, Spacemasters bracelets are unique and I don't believe the old clasp or EHC bracelet fits these. Hopefully you are sizing above the wrist bone. If not try that.

·
Registered
884 Posts
No, Spacemasters bracelets are unique and I don't believe the old clasp or EHC bracelet fits these. Hopefully you are sizing above the wrist bone. If not try that.
What does this mean, "above the wrist bone?". I don't know how to ask without being technical...

I wear mine sized to be just a tiny bit loose when the watch sits proximal to the radial styloid so I can put my hand downward and wiggle my wrist to get my watch to drop toward my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks,i will try that.this is a shame,it is an amazing watch i REALLY hope i can get it to fit.thanks for your help.I wonder why ball did'nt make micro adjustments looking at the clasp it could have been done.its a great clasp but it seems to be more form over function imo.

·
Registered
884 Posts
thanks,i will try that.this is a shame,it is an amazing watch i REALLY hope i can get it to fit.thanks for your help.I wonder why ball did'nt make micro adjustments looking at the clasp it could have been done.its a great clasp but it seems to be more form over function imo.
At the clasp on either side of the release button are 4 holes, 2 of which seem to be occupied by the dive extension (one on each button side)...can this be used for microadjusting? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306410786.897785.jpg

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought of that but the second set of holes locks the extention in place.I have tried every link combo and cant get the right fit.(shes in the trade forum after 3 days of ownership)I foolishly sold my Mad cow and this was to be a replacement,the whole watch is fantastic save the lack of proper fit.

·
11,594 Posts
At the clasp on either side of the release button are 4 holes, 2 of which seem to be occupied by the dive extension (one on each button side)...can this be used for microadjusting? View attachment 442624

No. Those are used to attach the bracelet and the clasp arm to the clasp cover.

·
11,594 Posts
By wrist bone I offer this photo:

While not a spacemaster see how the watch at the 1-2o'clock area wrest againts the bump on my wrist. This is above the wrist bone. Size it so it does not slip past this. I've done this for about 10 people who said it was uncomfortable and did not fit and they have all come back and said it fits perfect now. With the crown guard this just can't be that close to the hand and defiantly not loose. It should be sized to the tighter side. Please see my post in the reference area how to remove the inner half links. You will probably need to do this (at least remove one)to get the same feel as the MC. Remember this weighs 40% more than you MC so you need to manage the weight by tightening it down some.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had the exact same issue and I agree, it is a shame. I owned the SM twice and really like it but I simply could not get a comfortable fit. It is a heavy watch and needs to be fit well in order to be comfortable. My choices were either uncomfortably tight or sloppy-loose, which is even more uncomfortable with a watch with a heavy head. I am not a rubber strap fan or would have tried that. I hope Ball considers some type of fine adjustment for future bracelets - it would make a huge difference.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The spacemasters have a semi micro adjustment to them. The half links closest to the clasp can be removed. For me it is too lose with both half links in and too tight with an extra full link removed so I have 1 full link on each side removed and a half link from one side removed and it fits fine. You do need to either have a pin tool to remove the pin holding the clasp to the half link or have it done at the jeweler's. If you haven't tried this I would and if you have this is one drawback to stainless bands and hopefully Ball comes up with something that works for you.

·
11,594 Posts
The spacemasters have a semi micro adjustment to them. The half links closest to the clasp can be removed. For me it is too lose with both half links in and too tight with an extra full link removed so I have 1 full link on each side removed and a half link from one side removed and it fits fine. You do need to either have a pin tool to remove the pin holding the clasp to the half link or have it done at the jeweler's. If you haven't tried this I would and if you have this is one drawback to stainless bands and hopefully Ball comes up with something that works for you.
As mentioned earlier this is covered with pictures in the reference area.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts