WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a seal - not the aquatic mammal, nor the military acronym version (I know what you lot are like...) for my ailing DW-004.

As you may know, it recently drowned whilst swimming. I dried it out and got a time display working and tried it again, whereupon it duly drowned again.

Well, it's sort of still going but it's pretty clear that the cause of the problem is a kinked seal.

I approached my friendly neighbourhood Casio dealer in town and asked about battery replacement (if it goes wrong this time I can blame them...) and they quoted me £6.95 but with a caveat that "we can't guarantee water resistance." What good is that, I nearly said, but chose instead to wait patiently whilst they found out how much it would cost to have the thing sent away for a battery and seal. Nearly £23.00 was the answer, at which my money flew back into my wallet as if on elastic and I left to consider a Plan B.

So, here I am and you're it! I'm quite capable of taking it apart and putting it back together, putting a battery in etc. but where can I get just a new seal from? There are other jewellers in town, but none is a Casio dealer. We do, however, have a scuba shop; might they be worth a punt. I wonder?

Any thoughts welcomed (as are offers of spares...)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Yes, that would be my recommendation - phone Casio UK.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I've sent an email and we'll see what they say...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...and already they have replied with a part number, price - £2.45 + £2.50 P&P - and a phone number for card payment. I think a fiver sounds reasonable for a few more years of waterproof use!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
...and already they have replied with a part number, price - £2.45 + £2.50 P&P - and a phone number for card payment. I think a fiver sounds reasonable for a few more years of waterproof use!
If it's the round seal you need, measure the diameter you need and PM before you buy! I bought some LED twist-lights I took apart, and the seal rings might be the right size, they're just sitting around - I'd mail at cost. If you're interested! :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Worth a fiver of anyone's money. |>

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's the round seal you need, measure the diameter you need and PM before you buy! I bought some LED twist-lights I took apart, and the seal rings might be the right size, they're just sitting around - I'd mail at cost. If you're interested! :-!
Thanks for the offer, but it's not round - sort of a squashed hexagon with a tab at one end...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
£5's better than £23 for sure :D That's the problem where I am in Manchester as well... there just aren't enough shops that know about Casio watches, even if they sell them as their main product.

Can you please post the e-mail address for Casio as I need a new seal for the DW-5600c I bought yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts