WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First solo flight. First carrier landing. First mission. While most ‘firsts’ happen in our formative years, luckily there are still a few personal milestones left for us to enjoy as fully-fledged grown-ups.

English watchmaker Peter Speake-Marin has been creating mechanically superlative, aesthetically distinctive high-end timepieces out of his atelier in Switzerland for over a decade. In this time, the Speake-Marin collection has grown to include complications such as jumping hours, perpetual calendars, tourbillons and minute repeaters. But no chronograph – until now.

The Spirit Seafire is Speake-Marin’s first ever chronograph. It features central hours and minutes; date at 3 o’clock; white-lacquered seconds wheel at 9 o’clock in the form of the Speake-Marin ‘topping tool’ logo; and signature Piccadilly case in polished grade 5 titanium with straight-grained sides.

The Seafire’s three-dimensional hour markers, minute chapter ring, chronograph counters (central elapsed seconds, elapsed minutes subdial at 12 o’clock, elapsed hours subdial at 6 o’clock), date and tips of the hands are all in a bright white Super-LumiNova that contrasts superbly against the matte black dial. The white Super-LumiNova glows an atmospheric green in the dark, creating an exceptionally legible display, both day and night.

And the Seafire would not be a Spirit without Peter Speake-Marin’s rousing call-to-action “Fight, Love & Persevere” engraved on the solid caseback. It isn't just the Spirit motto – it’s a way of life.

“I have always wanted a chronograph to bear the Speake-Marin name,” says Peter Speake-Marin.“It was just a matter of finding the right platform. The Speake-Marin Spirit collection struck me as the perfect environment.

“I felt I could harness the Spirit’s casual style and clean aesthetics to create a highly original chronograph design. A chronograph is also in keeping with the Spirit’s military inspiration – and that’s why I have christened it the Seafire, after the iconic plane formerly deployed by the British navy to protect its fleet.”

The Speake-Marin Spirit Seafire is available in a 42mm grade 5 titanium case.

More at Speake-Marin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts