WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the steinhart website a lot lately and noticed most of the special editions are for a Russian forum and all seem to be designed by den71is ??
It's a shame the limited editions because I think most of them would be great sellers, I would love to get my hands on a terra incognita.......stunning watch....
may be steinhart should employe den71is?
cheers
lee.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
It's a shame the limited editions because I think most of them would be great sellers, I would love to get my hands on a terra incognita.......stunning watch.... may be steinhart should employe den71is?
I feel the exact opposite when it comes to the majority of the russian forum designs - most look like a tart's handbag to me - so it's really true that one man's trash can be another man's treasure. Nothing wrong with that. ;-)

Regardless, Steinhart already employs an excellent designer. And if the company ever traded him for the person behind those russian editions, I'd probably never buy another Steinhart.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
Agree.
lot of them look like Fashion Watches. but then again: to each his own. i believe there's something for everyone..

but for me, i Love Bold & CLASSIC Design that makes a Statement. such as the Latest : The LGE Chronograph which is One of Simon's inspiration :-! .

Reactions: Riker and vdub007

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The current portfolio already fills the needs of a greater majority. Special Edition pieces will not be made into mainline models as their very purpose is a limited run of special order pieces. They have been designed in conjunction with Steinhart by enthusiastic members of forums & the general concensus from these forums is that their piece will remain limited & this for the most part is Steinharts position. Steinhart can & have however introduced models that are similar but not the same as a couple of S.E pieces.

Steinhart don't need any more designers. They already have gigabytes of plans, some on the drawing board & I can assure everyone that GS & Triton (Simon) have many more ideas & plans for new & updated models in the works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts