WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting my very first dive watch in a week or so, and I'm planning a trip to Italy that will include Sorrento and the Isle of Capri where I should be doing a lot of swimming and snorkeling. Other than perhaps rinsing it off with fresh water, what special things are needed to care for a dive watch after swimming in salt water.?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats, Sorento is beautiful. Just make sure your crown is screwed down and you'll be fine!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hello, after a day at the beach I would just shower with it afterwards. Also be mindful of your in or around sand to clean Best under an bezel to assure it doesn't seize up in the future. Safe travels!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
As stated, rinse it with clean fresh water after taking it in salt water. Try to avoid letting it dry out before rinsing - salt crystals can be nasty if allowed to grow. I always soak mine in fresh water for a while after diving.

·
Premium Member
71,405 Posts
You’ve just about summed it up yourself. A good rinse in fresh water post dive should keep your watch happy.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
A lovely part of the world,enjoy & just rinse your watch with water [ I usually steal wifey's bottled water],job done.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't beat the watch with stones to change the date.
Or feed it to goats.
Or use it as a spare tire for a Vespa.

Lessons learned.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
If you’re scuba diving, I would suggest to get it pressure tested yearly. However for swimming and snorkeling it’s an overkill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts