WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often browse through those special series g-shock like Rastafarian, S-Kool, Metallix-G series & etc on the internet. Yes, these series are special and not often can be found at shops. Do these special series g-shock considered to be limited edition too? ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Effectively, yes. Casio abuses the concept of 'limited edition' in my view. A new set of clothes is just a variation, if you ask me.

Everyone does it though - there are limited edition cars that appear to be distinguished purely by some different wheels and the sticker that says 'limited edition'.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Effectively, yes. Casio abuses the concept of 'limited edition' in my view. A new set of clothes is just a variation, if you ask me.

Everyone does it though - there are limited edition cars that appear to be distinguished purely by some different wheels and the sticker that says 'limited edition'.
couldnt agree more. its just new set of clothes. but some have different EL logo. its all about cosmetic. the function are all the same.

as for cars though. some are purely cosmetic but some involved performance. like Carbon Fiber all around, turbo or supercharged, racing suspension, engine tuning, gutted interior. all this changes the performance.

but as for the Gs, the only thing that is LE is the EL logo, how many it was produced and the of course, the price. :-!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
some involved performance. like Carbon Fiber all around, turbo or supercharged, racing suspension, engine tuning, gutted interior. all this changes the performance.
But even that gets abused by manufacturers; look at the Renault Clio Williams (there was a small-run limited edition of 2,500, but then they brought out the Williams 2, same car, but not a limited run, so all the owners of the first lot actually paid a premium for was not have a '2' on the boot).

And are there any special editions that are that special? I just don't get paying more for a BAPE than a standard G. It's just a different coloured band & bezel, and some extra text.

Now if there was a limited run of 6900's produced, with titanium bezel and band, I might be interested....|>

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
But even that gets abused by manufacturers; look at the Renault Clio Williams (there was a small-run limited edition of 2,500, but then they brought out the Williams 2, same car, but not a limited run, so all the owners of the first lot actually paid a premium for was not have a '2' on the boot).

And are there any special editions that are that special? I just don't get paying more for a BAPE than a standard G. It's just a different coloured band & bezel, and some extra text.

Now if there was a limited run of 6900's produced, with titanium bezel and band, I might be interested....|>
manufacturer can be jack sometimes. <|

im with u, no sense paying so much just because theres extra color and design on the bezel and bands. like i said, if the 6900 comes atomic solar and its a Limited Edition, then ill get it. why? because its different in performance.:-! vroom, vroom !!!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
manufacturer can be jack sometimes. <|

im with u, no sense paying so much just because theres extra color and design on the bezel and bands. like i said, if the 6900 comes atomic solar and its a Limited Edition, then ill get it. why? because its different in performance.:-! vroom, vroom !!!
I agree its about time for a atomic solar 6900 b-) :-!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I often browse through those special series g-shock like Rastafarian, S-Kool, Metallix-G series & etc on the internet. Yes, these series are special and not often can be found at shops. Do these special series g-shock considered to be limited edition too? ;-)
in my very humble opinion its just marketing! that way they will get u to buy the same watch twice or trice!! do you know that you can make ur own limited edition?? some weird dye, funky straps and youre good to go..'dw6900 Anson Edition 2008' ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts