WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the 200 series modules, and I love the looks of the 1000 series but the module leaves something to be desired and the weight is a wrist-killer for me. So the 1000's are struggling to pull any money out of my wallet and I think I'm probably going top end up waiting for the next gen Frog.

Of course I have no idea when a new revision (other than cosmetic) may be forthcoming, but for my money I'd like to see a non-limited release Ti option with a module based on the 3278 module as found in the G-Lide GWX-8900, but with preferably 24hr stopwatch and timers.

Black and gold as well, please.

How about you?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Maybe the next gen frogs can include diving depth measurement on top of the current dive time log.

Aesthetics wise, perhaps bringing back titanium models will be very welcoming.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Maybe the next gen frogs can include diving depth measurement on top of the current dive time log. Aesthetics wise, perhaps bringing back titanium models will be very welcoming.
I agree, especially about the depth gauge. Gotta have that!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Who knows if Casio will do it, but a depth gauge and a thick double domed sapphire would be sweet.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
At least you help out a watch company keep coming out with new designs by buying a new watch for their watch collection. As for me, I rather see Casio G-Shock just focus on their "bread and butter" watches and keep making them still like the 6600 which I believe is discontinued at the moment.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I agree, especially about the depth gauge. Gotta have that!
Yupz, it's like having a mini dive computer built into the Frogman! :O

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
At least you help out a watch company keep coming out with new designs by buying a new watch for their watch collection. As for me, I rather see Casio G-Shock just focus on their "bread and butter" watches and keep making them still like the 6600.
Agree on the 6600 series and I feel it's the most popular G model with so many varieties and collabs. It is the icon of G-Shocks!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Though as sensible as it sounds to have a depth gauge in the module, and something I think is lacking from a quartz "dive" watch like a Frog, I doubt you will see it.
For that Casio would have to make a totally unique module that would only be used in the Frog. Based on the trend that they're basically only making different color combos as "new models", I doubt they would make such a significant improvement and then only being able to use the module in one watch model.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Casio have had dive computer like watches in their lineup, just not G-shock. Historically, each generation of Frog has been around for a while. The 1000 series isn't very old, so I'm not holding my breath for a new one. Hopefully the next generation will take the quality improvements of the current one and incorporate them into a somewhat smaller Ti case. The module improvements I'd like are G-shock wide. It seems they downgrade perfectly good battery modules by adding solar and/or atomic.
For now, I'm happy with older 8200 series. The prices are right, lots of options, and IMO the best Frogman module (although I can't comment on 6300 series module).

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If no one dives with a Frogman as it is.. what would be the point of adding a depth gague? Buy a Citizen if you want a depth gague.

P.s. - Yes to bringing back Ti Frogs (as long as they're under $1k ($1700 is too much)).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts