WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this Speedmaster last Friday with quite a low BIN.It arrived this morning (Monday) and in my uneducated opinion doesnt look too bad at all for the price. BIN was AU$899 (US$704 at todays rate).
The bracelet was quite tight and when I checked out the cost of links online I decided to remove the bracelet in favour of a leather strap.
I got one of the lug pins out no problem but after 20 mins trying to remove the other one I gave up and decided to take it to my watchmaker in case I damaged the bracelet.
He too struggled with the pin as it was stuck fast but after around 20mins he had managed to remove it.
I happened to ask if by chance he might have a spare link and he said "sure no problem" !!!
He pulled out a box with some Omega bracelet parts,found what he wanted and fitted a double link which made the bracelet fit perfectly.
He charged me AU$45 each link and $10 for the new pins and his time which I thought was very reasonable.
Now the bracelet fits so well I will keep it on the watch and forget about the leather strap for now.
All in all I am quite happy with my purchase.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Auto part
Metal Fashion accessory Chain Silver Steel Material property Metal
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Buckle Belt buckle Fashion accessory Belt Metal

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Enjoy!

Don't forget to have your watchmaker check that the movement looks to be clean and well oiled inside, as you may need to get a service done sooner than you think when you buy it that cheap. I'm sure you know that it should be disassembled and cleaned, oiled, and adjusted every 5 years or so.

Cheers!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enjoy!

Don't forget to have your watchmaker check that the movement looks to be clean and well oiled inside, as you may need to get a service done sooner than you think when you buy it that cheap. I'm sure you know that it should be disassembled and cleaned, oiled, and adjusted every 5 years or so.

Cheers!
The previous owner stated that the watch was overhauled and serviced in 2010 so it should be about due for another one.
I will most likely not keep this watch for a long time as I really want a vintage Speedie Pro Moonwatch circa 1969 ..I find this watch to be a little small and dainty but hopefully I can use it to trade up to the Speedmaster of my dreams.
At the price this watch was offered for I just had to hit the BIN button quickly and then start to worry if everything was going to be legit and above board : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts