WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has probably come up before, but maybe mine might be different. I have a nice watch winder that winds two watches, and has space for 3 watches in the front bottom area. Is my newly acquired Seedmaster 3572.50 safe in the bottom row? I have heard that their is a possibility of a madnetic field produced by the winder motor (sounds silly to me, It can't be that powerful). I have posted a picture to show the location of the watches in the winder. My Planet Ocean is away for service, so photo-1.JPG photo.JPG I have my Seico Quartz on the winder next to my Aqua Terra so it looks full. Both my Quartz SMP's an Speedy 3572.50 on the bottom row. I took the Speedy back out untill I know its okay to be in there. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's funny :)

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure the engineers made sure it was safe to put your watches in their allotted slots without any danger of the motor magnetizing your watches. Now sleep soundly!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That is absolutely, positively NOT SAFE! You'd better send the watch to me tomorrow as it now needs immediate attention. I believe that you have ruined the reverse schnitzer rings on the chronograph module, and heavens knows what condition the the fujistat reverse humdinger is in!
That's a beautiful collection in a beautiful winder/box.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Man that AT looks sweet. Nice collection.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
That is absolutely, positively NOT SAFE! You'd better send the watch to me tomorrow as it now needs immediate attention. I believe that you have ruined the reverse schnitzer rings on the chronograph module, and heavens knows what condition the the fujistat reverse humdinger is in!
I agree with the above. Only thing is that the Aqua Terra doesn't seem safe either. Perhaps send that one to me for a checkup :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
He has let the schnitzer rings be subjected to magnetism?!?

That's just plain... *sigh*

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll make sure to replace the left handed famastats too ;) I had a very good feeling there was no trouble at all. Thank you everyone for the comments on my collection. It will look much better when the Planet Ocean returns in a few weeks :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
You have a quartz on the winder? Is it just a place holder for the PO or is it always there when not on your wrist? Just seems odd to me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That Seiko Quartz was where the Speedmaster is now. I just put it on the winder so the watch case looked full. Not sure where the Seiko is going when the PO gets back. I never wear it. Probably will put it back in the Seiko box when the PO gets back from service. I don't feel right getting rid of it, it was a gift from my dad. It came in the mail right after I bought the first Omega.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts