WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has tried this before... I managed to get the rubber 22mm Planet Ocean strap to fit my Speedmaster 9300. I had to use some fine sandpaper to get the 22mm strap down to 21mm. But surprisingly it fit the 9300 deployment clasp just fine.

So far I am in love with the new strap! It is much more versatile compared to the alligator strap. I don't know why Omega doesn't offer this strap for the Speedmaster.

Here are a few quick photos:

L1020453.jpg

L1020481.jpg

L1020455.jpg

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Looks really nice- and I never thought, that I'd say that about a rubber strap from a Planet Ocean. Maybe because it's on a Speedy, where the white stitching actually matches the watch. Since the surface of the strap- combined with that stitching- looks like leather, I don't like the way the PO looks with it. The PO 2500 had a somewhat nicer strap, which didn't pretend not to be rubber. Both the 9300 and the Pro look great on that strap. Gap between the case and the strap? What gap? It looks like it was meant to fit these cases (doesn't matter that it wasn't...).

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Nice!

On a similar tangent, I have put my 20mm PO rubber deployant straps on my speedy pro just for fun and the fit was good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454462991.336278.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454463003.133206.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454463018.436607.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454463033.302800.jpg

·
Registered
789 Posts
That looks great smartbot! I really like the fitted ends - suits the watch nicely. Here's mine on a 21 mm rubber (but not completely waterproof) strap. I was told by the boutique that it came from an older PO.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
That looks great smartbot! I really like the fitted ends - suits the watch nicely. Here's mine on a 21 mm rubber (but not completely waterproof) strap. I was told by the boutique that it came from an older PO.

I think that would have to be the GMT PO?

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Nice pairing! I like that rubber strap with the white stitching, it is a nice change from the isofrane rubber strap look (that I am not very keen on).

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What a great idea and cool look!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
it looks nice because PO rubber straps do not look like classic rubber straps ,if you use a more classic rubber strap you will not like what you will see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts