Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've posted this on a couple of forums in search of an answer and I hope you folk can help.
I recently acquired this 145022-69 Pre-Moon Speedmaster Pro that's the same vintage as me. After receiving it and fiddling/cleaning it as you do I realised the bezel's Tachy scale was unusual:

Instead of the normal countdown :- 275-250-225-200-190 etc
This one's runs:- 275-250-225-220-190 etc

Here's the pic

So is this '220 bezel' unusual/un-common?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Hello all,
I've posted this on a couple of forums in search of an answer and I hope you folk can help.
I recently acquired this 145022-69 Pre-Moon Speedmaster Pro that's the same vintage as me. After receiving it and fiddling/cleaning it as you do I realised the bezel's Tachy scale was unusual:

Instead of the normal countdown :- 275-250-225-200-190 etc
This one's runs:- 275-250-225-220-190 etc

Here's the pic

So is this '220 bezel' unusual/un-common?

Thanks in advance.
60x60/18 = 200. 220 is wrong.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Speedmaster '220 Bezel' - Repost

'69 pre-moon cal.861 with hippo back, I replaced the dial and hands because they were knackered but as you can see, the bezel is the same as yours... :think:
My Speedy Pro Moonphase, by comparison, has the "normal" one...

·
Registered
555 Posts
The all cynical ozz. Looks like Kieron proved you wrong. John Wilson.
We believe you...That's just ozz. John Wilson
Thanks John for your great contributions, you're great :-!. Let's make also this thread a personal attack again.

@ Kieron -who proved me terribly wrong- that's interesting. Anybody know where this difference in bezels comes from?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
To be honest Ozz, I've no idea and only looked at mine the other day when Statts first posted his querie, up until then I hadn't even noticed...
:think:

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Yeah John...............................

Standard MO, personal attack? If so John will have no trouble finding help. Awaiting the call, John. David

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks Kieron. Interesting part here is that there is a difference in bezels and it would be really interesting to find out why.

OT. Iam afraid this thread will end up again in a bashing and the ever funny and great posts by the other musketiers. Number two already creeped in, lets see when the next crawls from under his stone. I wish them all a lot of luck and happy posting. Adios.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Interesting part here is that there is a difference in bezels and it would be really interesting to find out why.
it is quite obvious that the 220 marking is a mistake. a mistake that has been corrected to 200. hopefully it is relatively rate. whether it is of any other significance, i would candidly doubt.

·
Registered
555 Posts
it is quite obvious that the 220 marking is a mistake. a mistake that has been corrected to 200. hopefully it is relatively rate. whether it is of any other significance, i would candidly doubt.
Well, if this is a 'factory mistake' that was only on the market for a short period of time, it is significant. I have never heard of this mistake and have never seen it so would be very happy to hear and learn more about it.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Thanks Kieron. Interesting part here is that there is a difference in bezels and it would be really interesting to find out why.

OT. Iam afraid this thread will end up again in a bashing and the ever funny and great posts by the other musketiers. Number two already creeped in, lets see when the next crawls from under his stone. I wish them all a lot of luck and happy posting. Adios.
Gee Ozz, crawling from under a stone? Was that really necessary? You wonder why everyone dogpiles you, this is why. I haven't seen anything that resembles a personal attack on you. You made an uninformed and incorrect comment and were proved wrong. Don't get your feelings hurt just because you got ....

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Not bad, David................................

Lets see if he uses that pic in his signature. Now that would be awesome. A quote from me and a pic from you, awesome indeed! David

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Dear ozz. I was not attacking you. Lets all try to have a sense of humor. Life is short. John Wilson.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've attached below a couple of Macro shots of the area if the bezel in question.
@ Kieron thanks for posting your photo too
I hope I haven't started or landed in the middle of a slanging match on my first post! I only wanted a bit of help/knowledge.

Here's the shots.

Sorry for the poor quality I had to use flash.
If it was a factory error I think it could be of interest to the Speedy cognescenti.

·
Registered
555 Posts
And yet ANOTHER potentially interesting thread shredded to pieces.

Cheers guys |> Doing a great job for the forum here.

And thanks for the nice words |>

·
Registered
555 Posts
@Statts

Thanks for posting the macro shots. It will be very interesting to find out what is the story behind this. iam sure someone here knows, there used to be quite some knowledge here.

Dont' worry about the slanging match, that's just common practice here nowadays - unfortunately. It used to be very different here, but Iam afraid all good things have an end.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Oh Ozz........................

If I'm not mistaken, you started the slanging when you called Statts what was essentially a liar for photo-shopping his bezel. You knew what was going to happen, but couldn't help yourself. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. David

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.