WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a bit of research on NASA Speedmasters and ran by a page from the Smithsonian archive photos of their displayed and non displayed NASA flown Speedmasters. Two of of the Speedmasters are on bracelets which I may be interested in tracking down for my new 68' Speedmaster.

Can any of you experts here identify and verify these two for me.

Here are the two I'm interested in...

Is this an Omega bracelet? I have not seen it before. If so, which bracelet is it and what end pieces would be needed?

Is this the 1479 bracelet? It appears to be but I just wanted verification. Does the 1479 have solid end pieces?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top bracelet is non-Omega but I do not know the manufacturer. The bottom bracelet is indeed the 1479 which has solid end links.

For the definitive work on Omega Speedy bracelets, check out:

The Speedmaster Professional bracelet & strap guide
Thanks John. Bummer about the 1st one. I was kind of liking the looks of it. I was thinking the second was the 1479 but it was looking a little too polished to me.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Thanks John. Bummer about the 1st one. I was kind of liking the looks of it. I was thinking the second was the 1479 but it was looking a little too polished to me.
There are aftermarket bracelets similar to the top one. I have seen several Speedy Pros with them.

The 1479 is my least favorite of all the Speedy Pro bracelets. I'm glad it was not around very long.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are aftermarket bracelets similar to the top one. I have seen several Speedy Pros with them.

The 1479 is my least favorite of all the Speedy Pro bracelets. I'm glad it was not around very long.
I have seen your previous reviews of the bracelets you have rotated through. I wish I had seen more positive reviews of the 1479 because I really like the look of it. I have been wearing the 1450 for a few weeks now and love the feel and looks. I think the 1171 is too close to the look without the more solid feel. The 1039 would feel too flimsy for me. I know you speak highly of the 1498 but after the 1450 it seems to make the watch too heavy, at least for me. I love the look of a more dated bracelet on the vintage Speedys. What to do now??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts