WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
►my speedmaster works perfectly, except on few occasions, when the thirty minutes totalizer doesn't advance in 21st minute or 19 minute. (this is erratic, there is no definite minute/s that this 30 minutes totalizer problem will occur.)

►Meaning: the 30 minute totalizer works perfectly except for a "few" occasions (this problem is not constant). after it will not turn, if you wait for a few minutes, it will turn again all the while the second hand is turning pass 12:00, (the stopwatch is running all the time during this period.)

►Meaning: if the second hand pass the 12:00 mark, the 30 minutes totalizer will advance one (1) notch, in few occasions, it will not.

►on one occasion, the second hand passed the 12:00 mark and the 30 minutes totalizer didn't move one notch but on the 2nd passing the 30 minutes totalizer move one notch, meaning 2 minutes has passed but it registered only 1 minute on the watch.

should the 30 minute counter gear be replaced? or just adjustments because the motor/movement is not set properly? (is not sitting in it's right place).

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
It sounds a bit odd - I would recommend a service.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It sounds a bit odd - I would recommend a service.
sadly, the service here in the philippines stinks/sucks!

this speedmaster has been in the service center many times, the last time, i paid $200 for the service.

I did check the totalizer when i got the watch, but not that long, when it passed the 5 minutes test. I thought, it was already ok, until i discovered this odd thing.

Assuming, i bring this speedmaster back for a check-up, and when the watch is at the service center, the problem will not occur (as this is erratic). the watch will be returned to me and they will say that it doesn't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think I'd send it off to Bienne and explain what's happened at the service centre, It's the only way you'll guarantee getting it back, confident that it's working correctly.

There's nothing more annoying than a service centre which is incompetent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'd send it off to Bienne and explain what's happened at the service centre, It's the only way you'll guarantee getting it back, confident that it's working correctly.

There's nothing more annoying than a service centre which is incompetent.
dear artistmike,

►how can i do that? what is the complete address?
►and if ever, i will send the watch, how do i pay them?
►have you tried it?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
dear artistmike,

►how can i do that? what is the complete address?
►and if ever, i will send the watch, how do i pay them?
►have you tried it?
The instructions to send a watch in are as follows: A direct shipment to Switzerland should be made by registered and insured mail, together with a Customs exemption certificate, in order to avoid difficulties upon return to your country. Please make sure that your parcel is clearly marked “watch for repair/customs clearance by receiver in Bienne”. Our address: OMEGA SA, Customer Service, rue Stämpfli 96, CH 2500 Bienne 4.

If you want to contact them to discuss sending it in first, mail them at this address, you'll find them very helpful.
[FONT=&quot]INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER CARE [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected]

If I remember correctly you can pay either by credit card or cheque but best to ask when you contact them which is best from your location.

I have tried it and their work is superb, your watch will be returned to you like new.

Rather than carry on getting bad experiences with your local centre I think you'll be far happier getting the job done properly and then you can relax and just enjoy your watch for years to come. :)

[/FONT]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts