WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 year old Speedmaster 3520.53 chrono that runs about 5 - 10 minutes slow per day. The watch was cleaned / adjusted about 5 years ago at the Omega service center in New Jersey. I live in NY and have been debating sending my watch to NJ again (shipping it makes me nervous) or walking it in to their authorized service center in NYC. Anybody have any preference? What should a service like this cost on average? Also, when I have a watch like this serviced, do the typically polish / buff out scratches and stuff? Just curious.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hi fotomatt1,

as far as i understand you should have it serviced every 5 years, for me i would walk into any AD as i believe there is a roundabout price for this kind of thing, once recieved they send of to Omega and and as far as i understand they will replace the crystal and buff the watch with a full internal service,

fr a chrono i believe its a bit more to pay, here in the UK i will be paying £270 for a service for my speedy pro in 4 years,

hope this helps for now, someone else will be along soon and probally give much more info.

soundood

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service center in NYC says that they actually do all repairs on premises. I hope they don't replace my crystal, since mine is in absolutely perfect condition. I just worry about possibly getting one that doesn't have the anti-glare treatment on the inside of the crystal the way mine does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts